Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
The antivirus engine used in multiple Symantec products had an easy to exploit vulnerability that could have allowed hackers to easily compromise computers.
Bangalore Bank, a commercial bank in Vietnam and ... Sony Pictures are the unlikely bedfellows in a tale of cyber intrigue uncovered by security researchers at BAE Systems.
In today’s day and age we see a huge amount of excitement around finding the biggest and best presents for kids. Not only this, children are encouraged to surf the web and use mobile apps from a young age. We are seeing toddlers trading toy cars and stuffed animals for tablets and mobile devices. Children are so attracted to having games and electronic devices to play with, they unwittingly give over their personal details without a second thought. Children are now so au fait with technology that it’s not unusual for children under the age of 4 to play with their tablets, mobile devices and watching TV right before bed.
Valve is battling Steam cheaters with information that cheaters willingly handed over.
USB-C will soon have an authentication specification to avoid shoddy cables and chargers, and malicious USB devices.
Android users have been warned to read reviews on Google’s Play Store to avoid downloading malicious porn clicker-type apps to their smartphone.
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Cyber criminals are stealing user's login credentials for popular online streaming service, Netflix, in an attempt to steal banking information, according to recent research by Symantec.
BlackBerry has released its first ever Android smartphone to the Australian market.
LG has patched a security flaw in an application preinstalled on millions of its Android G3 smartphones that researchers found could be used to steal a variety of data.
Mobile banking has a new enemy, Asacub, a new form of mobile malware targeting Android users.
Kaspersky Lab has joined forces with Swiss security company, WISeKey, to develop technology to integrate authentication and data encryption into new wearable devices.
IT security firm, Check Point, has published a report identifying network security vulnerabilities with EZCast, an HDMI dongle-based TV streamer that converts non-connected TVs into smart TVs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- A critical flaw in Symantec antivirus engine puts computers at risk of easy hacking
- Malware attacks on two banks have links with 2014 Sony Pictures hack
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- New USB-C authentication spec protects against malware and shoddy chargers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW