The update of Symantec Norton Ghost 15 substantially improves one of the most capable disk-imaging programs on the market.
Software and Services
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
Microsoft Office is the de facto standard for productivity tools, to the point at which word processors and spreadsheets are now called "office programs". But Office is costly, and it's bloated with features few users ever need or even know about. Bu...
The release of Firefox 3.6 will see Mozilla take the fight back to Google's upstart Chrome. This review is of a Release Candidate version (January 2010).
Just got a copy of Microsoft Windows 7 and you're looking to bend it to your will? Then you'll want a copy of Windows 7 Manager, which lets you tweak, customise, master and improve just about every aspect of the Windows 7 operating system.
Maxon’s modelling, animation and rendering software fills a technical and economic niche between the likes of quick modellers, such as SketchUp, and the full-blown power of Maya. The application now runs faster, offering a quick, fluid modelling expe...
Google Goggles brings visual search to your mobile phone. Point and click, and it delivers information about what you're seeing.
Stuffit Deluxe 2010 is the latest iteration of Stuffit, which is the dominant file compression protocol in the Macintosh world.
Paragon Software has been offering backup and disk management tools since 1994 and the company's expertise is evident in its newest product, Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Suite.
Hot on the heels of VMware's update of Fusion 3 comes Parallels Desktop for Mac 5.0. Like Fusion, Parallels now boasts support for Microsoft's WDDM graphics, allowing Aero effects in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Ever since Adobe's PDF format became an open standard for print and other types of file exchange, the market for budget PDF software has started to become a little crowded, so a new package must offer something a little different.
Although it's based on the popular Linux distro, Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR) is not a pruned down version of Ubuntu. Instead, its developers discarded old, legacy code not relevant to netbook systems.
Norton Ghost, meet Backup Exec. Backup Exec, meet Ghost. That's right: Symantec's Backup Exec System Restore 2010 Desktop Version is an imaging product based on Norton Ghost. But it's also a substantially improved version that offers a compelling new...
There's something about maintaining a complete and up-to-date copy of your entire operating system and software installation that brings you peace of mind. In that regard, CMS's BounceBack Essentials 9.1 calms your soul, and does so flawlessly with a...
Google released its Chrome operating system last week to a great deal of hoopla and debate — depending on your point of view, it was either the Next Big Thing or Much Ado About Nothing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia