SpeedUpMyPC 2009 is, as the name might suggest, a Windows PC-optimisation utility.
Software and Services
An enlargement tool is key to every print-based designer’s toolset: such creatives often have to deal with images that aren’t high-res enough, and Photoshop’s own Image Size dialog’s enlargements are blurry and lacking in detail.
A music subscription service bundled with a selection of Nokia mobile phones, including the touch-screen 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia's Comes With Music service offers unlimited music downloads from the Nokia Music Store for either a 12 or 18 month period...
Apple and Boxee have both brought remote control capabilities to the iPhone for their respective media centre applications, but LogMeIn has gone one step further with Ignition for iPhone. It provides basic remote access for Macs and PCs via the iPhon...
Anyone who has attempted to get more out of their Apple TV by using third-party software would doubtless have heard of Boxee. The Mac OS- and Linux-compatible media centre application has quickly become a mainstay on home theatre PCs, Mac Minis and A...
The launch of the ABC's new mobile Web site has been accompanied by the release of applications for the iPhone and Google's Android platform. The iPhone app is a great way to read news and download ABC podcasts, though it has some annoying limitation...
Amid increasing pressure from competing products from the likes of Google, Mozilla and Apple, Microsoft has released the biggest upgrade to its flagship Web browser in two years with Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8). TechWorld takes the most popular browse...
Bokeh is the real-world photographic technique for creating images where the subject is largely in focus and the background is blurred. The effect is usually caused by using a shallow depth-of-field with a large aperture lens (such as Canon’s EF 85mm...
Moonfruit is an easy-to-use online website builder, with an option for a free service sponsored by advertising.
Parallels Desktop 4.0 is virtualisation software that allows you to run Windows operating systems on an Intel Mac.
The seventh version of Carrara, which is available in Express, Standard and Pro editions, aims to offer a fully featured 3D suite at an affordable price. We’ve looked at the Pro version here.
Unleash the artist hidden deep within you. BenVista PhotoArtist 2 includes dozens of tools that let you turn any photo into a work of art.
Acronis has finally done something about the ode-to-redundancy interface that’s been the fly in the otherwise excellent True Image ointment. It took about 4 iterations, but now the number one imaging program on the planet is actually easy enough to u...
In terms of both features and price, Animate sits between Toon Boom Studio and the more expensive Toon Boom Digital Pro. There are some anomalies, however. For example, you can’t directly scan in bitmaps and convert them to vectors as you can with th...
The contents of your mobile phone can offer a snapshot of your life, giving a thief access to all your SMS messages and candid photos. The Picture Safe iPhone app from Australian company collect3 helps address this issue by blocking unauthorised acce...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC