Mozilla this week put out its first beta release of Fennec, the mobile version of its Mozilla Firefox web browser.
Software and Services
If you want to know in exquisite detail absolutely everything about the functioning of your hard disk - and want to be warned if there's a danger of crashing - you'll want to give DriveSitter Pro a try.
Achtung! When we recently learned that Wolfenstein 3D had been released for the iPhone, we had no choice but to review it. For a measly $5.99, John Carmack and id Software give you the chance to relive your childhood by shooting Nazis and mutants. Wh...
Is there a place for an electronic, DVD-based version of Encyclopaedia Britannica in the post-Wikipedia world? We tested Encyclopaedia Britannica 2009 Ultimate Edition to find out.
Want to know how to transfer movies from VHS to DVD? Roxio Easy VHS to DVD can help reclaim your unwatched family VHS videos.
The free Search Cloudlet add-on for Mozilla Firefox helps deal with that familiar task of wading through thousands of search results to find the one you're after.
If you've got multiple PCs on a network, and are tired of having to move from one to the other, the free Input Director may be exactly what you need.
If you're a DJ or music aficionado with a large collection of CDs and/or LPs, you know that keeping track of them can be a chore. VisiTrax Lite is a free librarian that helps you catalogue your tunes (automatically for CDs by looking them up in an on...
SpeedUpMyPC 2009 is, as the name might suggest, a Windows PC-optimisation utility.
An enlargement tool is key to every print-based designer’s toolset: such creatives often have to deal with images that aren’t high-res enough, and Photoshop’s own Image Size dialog’s enlargements are blurry and lacking in detail.
A music subscription service bundled with a selection of Nokia mobile phones, including the touch-screen 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia's Comes With Music service offers unlimited music downloads from the Nokia Music Store for either a 12 or 18 month period...
Apple and Boxee have both brought remote control capabilities to the iPhone for their respective media centre applications, but LogMeIn has gone one step further with Ignition for iPhone. It provides basic remote access for Macs and PCs via the iPhon...
Anyone who has attempted to get more out of their Apple TV by using third-party software would doubtless have heard of Boxee. The Mac OS- and Linux-compatible media centre application has quickly become a mainstay on home theatre PCs, Mac Minis and A...
The launch of the ABC's new mobile Web site has been accompanied by the release of applications for the iPhone and Google's Android platform. The iPhone app is a great way to read news and download ABC podcasts, though it has some annoying limitation...
Amid increasing pressure from competing products from the likes of Google, Mozilla and Apple, Microsoft has released the biggest upgrade to its flagship Web browser in two years with Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8). TechWorld takes the most popular browse...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW