Microsoft today quietly put an end to sales of Windows 7 licenses to computer makers.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
Microsoft today declined to confirm that it will end the on-screen campaign that nags Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10.
The Galaxy S6 Edge and Edge+ curved displays can now launch specific tasks and keep you up-to-date on all the latest news.
The Windows 10 Mobile OS -- popularly known as Windows Phone -- is now compatible with smartphones based on x86 chips, according to Microsoft.
Time to update your Macs and iOS devices.
It's a much faster way to download a new app, but not everyone can try it out just yet.
US consumers have fallen for Windows 10, according to researcher IDC, with a larger fraction of those polled already running the OS than either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
iOS 9.3 public beta with Night Shift and OS X 10.11.4 public beta with Live Photos support are now available to public testers.
Some Marshmallow goodies are headed to Nvidia devices and the previous-generation Moto X.
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
It's almost like the Windows 10 restriction was completely arbitrary from the get-go.
Windows 10 now powers approximately 148 million PCs, but signs of a slowdown in the number of users moving to the new OS are growing.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft stops sales of Windows 7 Professional to OEMs
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Windows 10 upgrade nag: DOA or still kickin'?
- Samsung's Edge display gets smarter as part of Marshmallow update
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level Project ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - SydneyACT
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - ITIL ContinuityVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCCyber Security Strategy AnalystVIC