Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 voice recognition software has been released in Australia, with digital downloads available now and boxed versions of the application available from 28 August. NaturallySpeaking 12 is the first major new version of the core Dragon desktop software in two years following the launch of version 11 in July 2010.
Microsoft Office 365, a suite of business-focused, cloud-based applications that was recently released in beta, is actually a repackaging and updating of various Microsoft offerings -- optimized for the cloud.
It's taken two years for Nuance to update its market-leading voice recognition software Dragon NaturallySpeaking. We liked version 10, so what's new in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium?
Squeezed by desktop competitors (Microsoft's powerhouse Office suite and the free, open-source OpenOffice) and Web alternatives (apps from Google, Zoho, and others), can Corel WordPerfect Office X5 bring something to the productivity software table? The suite does deliver some unique features--most notably in PDF support and--with the addition of Nuance PaperPort to the suite--in document management. But WordPerfect Office X5 remains a tough sell for general business users who are reasonably satisfied with Microsoft's core Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps, or their free Web counterparts.
Microsoft Office is the de facto standard for productivity tools, to the point at which word processors and spreadsheets are now called "office programs". But Office is costly, and it's bloated with features few users ever need or even know about. Budget-conscious users and system-resource skinflints can look to several alternatives: One such is Office 2010 by Ashampoo and/or SoftMaker. In this review, we examine Ashampoo Office 2010.
Based on our hands-on testing of the public beta of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, this product allows IT departments to run applications such as enterprise search, content management, collaboration and business intelligence on a single platform.
It has taken Microsoft a long time to bring its flagship Office suite to the Web and now it finally has with Office 2010.
Corel's lightweight Corel Home Office Suite includes the Corel Write word processor, Corel Calculate spreadsheet, and Corel Show presentation creator. It's a definite improvement on the company's previous suites in terms of usability.
Adobe's Acrobat.com isn't a design tool, but being from the creative app giant and offering office-type tools that most creatives will need for the (boring) business part of their jobs, we knew you'd be interested -- so decided to take a look.
Ashampoo Presentations offers most of Microsoft PowerPoint's functionality, at a fraction of the price. Ashampoo Presentations forms part of the Ashampoo Office suite.
Using UK's Kalender you'll be able to easily set up single events or recurring events, as well as colour code them and add unique icons to make it easy to recognise them. The program includes holidays, so that you won't need to enter them yourself; they'll already be scheduled in.
Search engine Google has revealed that the files of some Google Docs users have been shared with unauthorised users.
Microsoft is bending its Office franchise toward netbooks and is developing packages that are unique to that market, according to the head of the company's business division.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 gets Australian release
- Google Docs flaw shares private files
- Microsoft devising Office for netbooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC