Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 voice recognition software has been released in Australia, with digital downloads available now and boxed versions of the application available from 28 August. NaturallySpeaking 12 is the first major new version of the core Dragon desktop software in two years following the launch of version 11 in July 2010.
Microsoft Office 365, a suite of business-focused, cloud-based applications that was recently released in beta, is actually a repackaging and updating of various Microsoft offerings -- optimized for the cloud.
It's taken two years for Nuance to update its market-leading voice recognition software Dragon NaturallySpeaking. We liked version 10, so what's new in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium?
Squeezed by desktop competitors (Microsoft's powerhouse Office suite and the free, open-source OpenOffice) and Web alternatives (apps from Google, Zoho, and others), can Corel WordPerfect Office X5 bring something to the productivity software table? The suite does deliver some unique features--most notably in PDF support and--with the addition of Nuance PaperPort to the suite--in document management. But WordPerfect Office X5 remains a tough sell for general business users who are reasonably satisfied with Microsoft's core Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps, or their free Web counterparts.
Microsoft Office is the de facto standard for productivity tools, to the point at which word processors and spreadsheets are now called "office programs". But Office is costly, and it's bloated with features few users ever need or even know about. Budget-conscious users and system-resource skinflints can look to several alternatives: One such is Office 2010 by Ashampoo and/or SoftMaker. In this review, we examine Ashampoo Office 2010.
Based on our hands-on testing of the public beta of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, this product allows IT departments to run applications such as enterprise search, content management, collaboration and business intelligence on a single platform.
It has taken Microsoft a long time to bring its flagship Office suite to the Web and now it finally has with Office 2010.
Corel's lightweight Corel Home Office Suite includes the Corel Write word processor, Corel Calculate spreadsheet, and Corel Show presentation creator. It's a definite improvement on the company's previous suites in terms of usability.
Adobe's Acrobat.com isn't a design tool, but being from the creative app giant and offering office-type tools that most creatives will need for the (boring) business part of their jobs, we knew you'd be interested -- so decided to take a look.
Ashampoo Presentations offers most of Microsoft PowerPoint's functionality, at a fraction of the price. Ashampoo Presentations forms part of the Ashampoo Office suite.
Using UK's Kalender you'll be able to easily set up single events or recurring events, as well as colour code them and add unique icons to make it easy to recognise them. The program includes holidays, so that you won't need to enter them yourself; they'll already be scheduled in.
Search engine Google has revealed that the files of some Google Docs users have been shared with unauthorised users.
Microsoft is bending its Office franchise toward netbooks and is developing packages that are unique to that market, according to the head of the company's business division.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 gets Australian release
- Google Docs flaw shares private files
- Microsoft devising Office for netbooks
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW