Microsoft has announced this afternoon that Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing. In other words, Windows 7 development has wrapped up, and it'll now go on to PC manufacturers so they can prepare for October's Windows 7 launch.
Software and Services
Microsoft has made its second release under the General Public License in two days with software for the open-source online learning system Moodle.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed upgrade paths from old Windows editions to its upcoming Windows 7 OS, saying that Europeans will not be able to directly upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed how its partners and business customers can get their hands on Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturing) code, which will be available next month on different days for different sets of users.
Adobe has acknowledged that some users are vulnerable to attack after downloading an outdated version of Reader from its Web site, and said it is now reevaluating how it updates the popular PDF reader.
Microsoft today updated Office 2008 for Mac to Service Pack 2 (SP2), adding a tool that beefs up access to documents stored on enterprise SharePoint servers and Microsoft's free Office Live Workspace service.
In an historic move, Microsoft Monday submitted driver source code for inclusion in the Linux kernel under a GPLv2 license.
Windows 7 and Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, will be under close watch when the company reports its financial earnings this week.
Mozilla last week issued the first patch for Firefox 3.5, fixing a flaw that went public Monday. One noted contributor had called the flaw a "self-inflicted" vulnerability.
Microsoft on Thursday bowed to critics involved in the company's European antitrust case who have accused it of silently changing users' default browsers, a move that may be aimed at Brussels-based regulators.
Microsoft may find it tough to convince netbook users running the low-end Windows 7 Starter to later upgrade to a more expensive edition, a retail market analyst said Saturday.
A former Microsoft employee and prominent analyst warned the financial community not to be misled by Microsoft's claims about early corporate adoption of Windows 7.
Browsers are the future of mobile applications and they are just beginning to gain the features that will make new uses of mobile phones compelling, a Google executive said Thursday.
Google reported second-quarter revenue on Thursday of $US5.52 billion, a modest 3 percent increase from a year earlier but still ahead of analyst estimates.
Microsoft's upcoming retail stores won't just be similar in concept to Apple's -- they'll also be similar in location. Microsoft will open its retail stores near Apple's existing locations, a company spokesperson confirms, possibly even as close as r...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera's battery-saving browser update is a must for low-end PCs or tablets
- Is there still time for 2016 to be the year of the smart home? Maybe
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC