Microsoft has left the Opera and Google Chrome browsers off of the list of those officially supported by its Web-based Office applications, which will be available worldwide in technical preview sometime this month.
Software and Services
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently confirmed that the company will limit Windows 7 Starter, the edition expected to end up on netbooks, to systems that sport small screens and low-powered processors.
Microsoft released the RTM version of Windows 7 yesterday to the Microsoft technical community. The initial excitement quickly turned to sensational headlines about a "showstopper" or "critical" bug that may put a damper on the Windows 7 excitement a...
For most people who are considering moving to Windows 7, October 22 is D-Day. On that date Microsoft's newest operating system lands on store shelves, both as a shrinkwrapped upgrade and preinstalled on new PCs. For some folks, though, D-Day has alre...
The French media and advertising company Publicis Groupe will acquire the digital marketing agency Razorfish from Microsoft in a deal valued at about $US530 million, the companies announced Sunday.
A Chinese company that offers a rival suite to Microsoft Office is following industry trends by turning its software into a Web-based service.
A chart Microsoft provided to a Wall Street Journal columnist that spells out which versions of Windows and XP can be upgraded to Windows 7 without a cumbersome "clean install" is causing a dust-up between bloggers and prompted Apple users to poke fu...
A notorious patent case about a technology that allows people to search multimedia content may finally be coming to a close.
Microsoft customers who signed up to its Office Live Small Business service before February of last year will soon have to pay to renew Web domains they've acquired through the service.
Microsoft will soon move its Azure services off its data center in Washington, due to changes in the way such facilities are taxed in the state.
Microsoft is trying to improve the visuals in Windows 7 by working with hardware makers on a software interface that maximizes the use of graphics cards.
nVidia has introduced the OptiX interactive ray tracing engine, which is part of a suite of application-acceleration engines aimed at software developers who create high-end 3D suites. These engines are designed to be integrated into 3D modelling, an...
Boris FX has announced that its entire product line has been updated for used with the new Apple Final Cut Studio 3.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Microsoft profits by selling online ads on its search engine to criminal gangs running pharmaceutical Web sites that offer medication to people without a proper prescription, according to a new study.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia