A Chinese company that offers a rival suite to Microsoft Office is following industry trends by turning its software into a Web-based service.
Software and Services
A chart Microsoft provided to a Wall Street Journal columnist that spells out which versions of Windows and XP can be upgraded to Windows 7 without a cumbersome "clean install" is causing a dust-up between bloggers and prompted Apple users to poke fu...
A notorious patent case about a technology that allows people to search multimedia content may finally be coming to a close.
Microsoft customers who signed up to its Office Live Small Business service before February of last year will soon have to pay to renew Web domains they've acquired through the service.
Microsoft will soon move its Azure services off its data center in Washington, due to changes in the way such facilities are taxed in the state.
Microsoft is trying to improve the visuals in Windows 7 by working with hardware makers on a software interface that maximizes the use of graphics cards.
nVidia has introduced the OptiX interactive ray tracing engine, which is part of a suite of application-acceleration engines aimed at software developers who create high-end 3D suites. These engines are designed to be integrated into 3D modelling, an...
Boris FX has announced that its entire product line has been updated for used with the new Apple Final Cut Studio 3.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Microsoft profits by selling online ads on its search engine to criminal gangs running pharmaceutical Web sites that offer medication to people without a proper prescription, according to a new study.
Some companies that buy Google's Search Appliance enterprise search device will receive two days of on-site services at no additional cost as part of a special promotion to "welcome" new customers.
Google has reached an agreement to buy video compression technology vendor On2 Technologies in a stock deal worth about US$106.5 million, the companies announced.
Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
The campaign to kill Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) gathered steam this week when a California site builder led nearly 40 Web start-ups to urge their users to ditch Microsoft's eight-year-old browser.
Microsoft will add a file format "ballot" to Office 2010, part of a wider move to fend off European Union (EU) antitrust regulators and block massive fines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Survey says: Almost a third of US consumers on Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia