A special Windows 7 upgrade package for households with more than one PC is now available for pre-order online ahead of schedule and at a discount from Microsoft's previously announced price.
Software and Services
Microsoft is targeting the iPhone as another avenue for boosting usage of its Bing search engine.
Arrested last month for stealing cutting-edge trading software from his former employer, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., programmer Sergey Aleynikov offered up an interesting defense: he was only trying to download open-source software.
The innovative online encyclopedia Wikipedia is growing up, and with its growth comes a massive change to how it operates. Back in its early days, Wikipedia could be edited by anyone. Then it nixed the concept of anonymous edits and required authenti...
It's conventional wisdom that teenagers are early adopters of tech innovations, including Web-based social networks like Facebook and MySpace. But that apparently isn't the case with micro-blogging site Twitter, which is largely shunned by the adoles...
Opera Software has unveiled the release candidate version of its web browser Opera 10.
Microsoft Corp.'s lawyers late yesterday said the verdict that awarded a Canadian developer nearly $300 million in damages and resulted in an impending ban on sales of the company's popular Word software was a "miscarriage of justice."
A panel of federal judges has granted Microsoft Corp.'s request for a fast-track appeal of the injunction that prohibits the company from selling its popular Word software after Oct. 10.
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) on Wednesday launched a campaign against Microsoft Corp.'s upcoming Windows 7 operating system, calling it "treacherous computing" that stealthily takes away rights from users.
As promised more than a month ago, Microsoft began pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises yesterday via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Emphasizing its support of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and the so-called Open Web, Google will help host the SVG Open 2009 conference in October, pitching it as the "premier forum" for SVG designers, developers, and implementers.
Microsoft Corp. today announced it was expanding an antipiracy program for Office to the U.S., the U.K. and 11 other countries that will identify pirated copies of the suite and nag users with on-screen messages.
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
Apple's latest operating system update, Mac OSX Snow Leopard, should be ready to roll on August 28, and while Apple says the new OS is "refined, not reinvented," it'll become the de facto competitor to Microsoft Windows 7 come October. We love a good...
Mozilla Foundation officials last week launched a concerted campaign to prod European Union antitrust regulators to demand more from Microsoft Corp. than the browser ballot screen the company has promised to offer Windows 7 users later this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Craig Wright backpedals, refusing to prove he's Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto
- Windows 10 adoption hits 300 million as Microsoft warns the free upgrade will end soon
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW