It's a few days before Windows 10 is officially slated to drop, and still, confusion abounds. Worse, many fallacies regarding Microsoft's plans around upgrades and support for Win10 remain in circulation, despite efforts to dispel them.
Software and Services
A pair of well-known hackers have proven that they can take over a car's vital functions--including brakes and acceleration -- from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Mozilla plans a campaign to stop or slow desertions from Firefox to Windows 10's new Edge browser because the OS's express setup changes previous defaults to Edge during an upgrade, according to published documents.
Newly leaked figures reveal that the vast majority of people who exercised their right to be "forgotten" by Google's services in Europe are everyday members of the public, with just 5 percent of requests coming from criminals, politicians and high-pr...
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
Microsoft today released Office 2016 for Mac to subscribers of its Office 365 rent-not-own plans, and said that standalone licenses would go on sale in September.
Those desperate to share a espresso martini with Katy Perry may be one step closer - now Tinder is verifying celebrity profiles so you don't dismiss them as spammers.
We’ve finally wrapped up our ESET Antivirus competition.
Place a key on the table and bring out the smartphone camera. It clicks and the screen shows a razor-sharp photo of the key. The photo is all you need to print a perfect copy of the key.
The latest attempt to bring Steve Jobs's life story to the silver screen may fare better than previous, not-so-great efforts, if the new full-length trailer for the appropriately titled Steve Jobs is any indication.
Apple picked Taylor Swift’s “1989” as the best album on iTunes last year, but the admiration isn't entirely mutual.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
Major upgrades are coming to Netflix’s Australian website that are designed to make the service quicker and easier to use on tablets and touch enabled computers.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Computers up to six years old will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free when Microsoft releases it globally on 29 July.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Survey says: Almost a third of US consumers on Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW