The European Union's antitrust agency on Saturday confirmed that it has charged Microsoft with breaking the law, saying that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from "head-to-head competition" by bundling its browser with Windows.
Software and Services
Microsoft's Silverlight technology has been chosen to stream U.S. President-elect Barack Obama's swearing-in ceremony live on the Presidential Inaugural Committee's Web site, Microsoft said Friday.
The browser wars are back. Dignitaries from major browser makers -- including Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera, and newcomer Google -- served on a panel Thursday evening that discussed the apparent re-emergence of competition in the browser space after seve...
Open-sourcing Jaiku is either good news or bad news for users of the microblogging service, depending on who's doing the talking.
Microsoft has released the first public beta of a tool that solves one of the chief complaints businesses have with Windows Vista: that older Windows applications aren't compatible with the new OS.
Google on Wednesday detailed a new program under which resellers can now offer Google Apps to businesses -- effectively meaning that companies considering the alternative to Microsoft Office don't have to go it alone. But the search giant has yet to ...
Mozilla said Tuesday that it will delay the third beta of Firefox 3.1, citing a "large number" of remaining bugs as the reason for the slip.
Google launched on Wednesday a reseller program for the paid version of its Apps hosted collaboration and communication suite.
Microsoft kept things to a minimum with its first set of security updates for 2009, but corporate system administrators who were expecting a quiet week got something else altogether, thanks to Oracle and Research In Motion.
Microsoft on Saturday ditched the download limit on Windows 7 beta, saying that users will be able to grab the preview through January 24 -- even if the total exceeds the 2.5 million cap it had set earlier.
Two video connectors can be found on nearly every PC, monitor or graphics card in use today. Developed 21 years ago by IBM, the analog VGA (Video Graphics Array) clings on, despite the rise of the (DVI) Digital Visual Interface, which is tailored for...
Microsoft made the Windows 7 beta available for public download Saturday after its servers were overwhelmed by users trying to download the operating system.
Google said last week that its Chrome browser would be in a "never-ending" beta test, and gave users three options to update their copies at varying intervals.
The Vietnamese government will move to several open-source applications by the end of next year as the country also tries to reduce the use of pirated software.
Good news: the next version of Microsoft's Windows OS appears to be less of a resource hog than Windows Vista.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC