Dory and Marlin would likely have had an easier time finding Nemo if the new version of Google Earth was around at the time.
Software and Services
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) again lost market share last month, although at a slower rate than the previous two-month stretch, but still ended at a new low of 67.6% as rivals continued to steal users, a Web metrics firm reported Sunday.
Microsoft is denying that there is a security hole in the User Account Control (UAC) feature of Windows 7 after a blogger reported it last week and posted what he said was a fix for it.
Although the beta of Windows 7 quickly grabbed one-tenth of 1% of the operating system market share last month, Microsoft's OS continued its downward trend, a Web measurement company reported Sunday.
A change that Microsoft made in Windows 7 to improve its controversial User Account Control security feature has left the new OS less secure, according to a blogger who follows Microsoft closely.
Microsoft is warning customers that tools for blocking automatic upgrades to the newest service packs of Windows Vista and Windows XP will expire in the coming months.
The head of Microsoft's Windows development confirmed Friday that Windows 7 will take the unusual path of moving straight from a single beta, which was launched earlier this month, to a release candidate.
Windows Me may not have had much going for it, but it has one claim to fame: it was the last major release of Windows to come in a single edition, or SKU.
A Windows enthusiast is calling for Microsoft to release Windows 7 now, only a few weeks after the company made available the software's first public test version.
Microsoft has made source code for its Live Labs Web Sandbox project for securing Web content through isolation available via open source under the Apache License 2.0, according to a report this week on Microsoft's Port 25 site.
Microsoft has delivered a preliminary release candidate for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to testers and is again on track to offer another public preview next month, according to several reports on the Web.
Microsoft's Silverlight technology has streamed some high-profile live events lately, the inauguration of US President Barack Obama and the 2008 Summer Olympics among them. But Silverlight's real promise for the business customer - to improve user i...
Google on Tuesday launched an updated version of Gmail that lets users access their accounts without an Internet connection.
Google will begin to offer browser-based offline access to its Gmail Webmail application, a much-awaited feature.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA