Software and Services
A Windows enthusiast is calling for Microsoft to release Windows 7 now, only a few weeks after the company made available the software's first public test version.
Microsoft has made source code for its Live Labs Web Sandbox project for securing Web content through isolation available via open source under the Apache License 2.0, according to a report this week on Microsoft's Port 25 site.
Microsoft has delivered a preliminary release candidate for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to testers and is again on track to offer another public preview next month, according to several reports on the Web.
Microsoft's Silverlight technology has streamed some high-profile live events lately, the inauguration of US President Barack Obama and the 2008 Summer Olympics among them. But Silverlight's real promise for the business customer - to improve user i...
Google on Tuesday launched an updated version of Gmail that lets users access their accounts without an Internet connection.
Google will begin to offer browser-based offline access to its Gmail Webmail application, a much-awaited feature.
New Microsoft technology designed to protect Internet Explorer users from a powerful new Web-based attack will not fix the problem, security experts said Tuesday.
The Tories could order the wholesale introduction of open source IT systems if they are returned to office at the next election.
Technical advisers to the antitrust regulators who monitor Microsoft's compliance with a 2002 antitrust settlement will test Windows 7 "more thoroughly" than earlier versions of the operating system, according to a recently-released status report fil...
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
As expected, Microsoft Monday launched a release candidate of Internet Explorer 8, the first update to the browser since last August.
Protection against malicious Web attacks and tweaks to a feature that lets users browse the Internet privately are among updates Internet Explorer users can test in the first release candidate for IE8, which Microsoft made available Monday.
Mozilla Labs, the research arm of Mozilla, wants 1% of Firefox users to allow it to watch how they use the browser -- and the Web in general.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT