Microsoft may do the unthinkable with Danger, the mobile software and services developer it purchased last year: Go open source.
Software and Services
Mozilla Corp. has patched seven security vulnerabilities in Firefox, two of them labeled "critical," in the browser's first update for 2009.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
While it plans to focus on marketing two versions of Windows 7, Microsoft will offer six editions of its next operating system to better satisfy PC makers and end users, an executive said this week.
In 10 weeks, Microsoft will begin to retire Windows XP by shifting the seven-year-old OS into a more limited support plan.
Microsoft has ramped up a new Windows support assistant nearly three months after it quietly debuted the automatic repair and configuration tool.
Internet telephony software company Skype is pushing ahead with videoconferencing in a bigger way with the release of version 4.0 for Windows, but the company is yet to standardise its releases for Linux and Mac OS X.
Dory and Marlin would likely have had an easier time finding Nemo if the new version of Google Earth was around at the time.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) again lost market share last month, although at a slower rate than the previous two-month stretch, but still ended at a new low of 67.6% as rivals continued to steal users, a Web metrics firm reported Sunday.
Microsoft is denying that there is a security hole in the User Account Control (UAC) feature of Windows 7 after a blogger reported it last week and posted what he said was a fix for it.
Although the beta of Windows 7 quickly grabbed one-tenth of 1% of the operating system market share last month, Microsoft's OS continued its downward trend, a Web measurement company reported Sunday.
A change that Microsoft made in Windows 7 to improve its controversial User Account Control security feature has left the new OS less secure, according to a blogger who follows Microsoft closely.
Microsoft is warning customers that tools for blocking automatic upgrades to the newest service packs of Windows Vista and Windows XP will expire in the coming months.
The head of Microsoft's Windows development confirmed Friday that Windows 7 will take the unusual path of moving straight from a single beta, which was launched earlier this month, to a release candidate.
Windows Me may not have had much going for it, but it has one claim to fame: it was the last major release of Windows to come in a single edition, or SKU.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT