The Vietnamese government will move to several open-source applications by the end of next year as the country also tries to reduce the use of pirated software.
Software and Services
Good news: the next version of Microsoft's Windows OS appears to be less of a resource hog than Windows Vista.
The rumors turned out to be true. Microsoft will release a public beta this week of its next desktop operating system, Windows 7, hoping it will address the problems that have made Windows Vista perhaps the least popular OS in its history.
Microsoft Corp. will offer free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades to users who buy <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&searchTerms=Microsoft+Windows+Vista">Vista</a> PCs after July 1, according to a Web site that ...
Attendees of the International Conference on Cyber Security 2009 in New York Tuesday were reminded of the shortcomings of Windows Vista a day before Microsoft is expected to reveal the first beta for its follow-up, Windows 7.
Microsoft Tuesday said it would launch new Mac software later this year that will let Office 2008 for Mac users collaborate with people running the Windows version of the application suite.
Microsoft developers overlooked a critical bug in the Internet Explorer browser because of a lack of adequate testing tools and training, a company official acknowledged last month.
Web sites saw visitors deserting Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser in favor of Apple's Safari, Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome in December, according to Web analytics company Net Applications.
Windows lost nearly a full percentage point of market share for the second month in a row in December, pushing Microsoft's operating system to a new low, an Internet measurement company reported yesterday.
Google is pushing users of its Gmail e-mail service to dump Microsoft's Internet Explorer for its own Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox.
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Attendees at next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) could get the first public look at Windows 7, the next version of Microsoft's client OS.
Pirated copies of a Windows 7 build pegged by many as the beta Microsoft will release next month have leaked to the Internet, according to searches at several BitTorrent sites.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
Microsoft's developers missed a critical bug in Internet Explorer because they weren't properly trained and didn't have the right testing tools, a noted proponent of the company's secure code development process acknowledged last week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Survey says: Almost a third of US consumers on Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA