Microsoft Corp. Wednesday announced the 10th member of its Windows Server 2008 family with a new version of the server operating system aimed at companies with fewer than 15 employees.
Software and Services - News
U.S. District Court Judge Marsha Pechman yesterday postponed the upcoming trial of the Vista Capable lawsuit, which was set to start April 13, court documents show.
What was billed as a roundtable discussion for members of the new Symbian Foundation turned into an opportunity for them to lay out the challenges and threats to their fledgling group.
As expected, Microsoft Wednesday introduced a version of its Windows Server OS for small businesses with 15 users or less, filling in what the company sees as a gap in its server offerings.
Intel on Thursday plans to turn over the reins of its Moblin Linux-based platform project to the Linux Foundation, putting the work in neutral territory in the hopes of attracting more community support for it.
Telstra has announced that its software as a service (SaaS) platform T-Suite has gone live. The platform, launched in beta in November last year, allows organisations to lease software from the telco for a recurring monthly fee.
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
Wikia Search, Jimmy Wales' long-shot attempt at disrupting Google's search-engine dominance, is closing on Tuesday.
Yet another Windows 7 build has leaked to the Web, turning recent appearances of pirated copies into a weekly event on file-sharing sites.
Microsoft is shutting down its Encarta encyclopedia Web sites and will also discontinue its Student and Premium Encarta software products.
Microsoft has added a feature to Live Search designed to give users up-to-the-minute information linked to a particular search query to help make searches more interactive for users.
Google's Gmail just grew up, but not by much. Marking the online e-mail service's fifth birthday, Google announced it is going global with its Gmail Labs box of quirky functions it launched last year in English.
Business software that employees find difficult to use is costing Australian business an estimated $49 billion a year, equivalent to a wasted 1.2 billion hours, according to new research from e-document and printing software vendor Global Graphics.
Unless its two biggest rivals take extraordinary steps, Mozilla Corp. will be the first browser maker to patch a critical vulnerability used a week ago to win US$5,000 in a hacking contest.
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW