Google's Gmail just grew up, but not by much. Marking the online e-mail service's fifth birthday, Google announced it is going global with its Gmail Labs box of quirky functions it launched last year in English.
Software and Services - News
Business software that employees find difficult to use is costing Australian business an estimated $49 billion a year, equivalent to a wasted 1.2 billion hours, according to new research from e-document and printing software vendor Global Graphics.
Unless its two biggest rivals take extraordinary steps, Mozilla Corp. will be the first browser maker to patch a critical vulnerability used a week ago to win US$5,000 in a hacking contest.
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Open-source software companies are missing out on a relatively inexpensive way to fight concerns about patent liability, according to an attorney who spoke at an open-source conference in San Francisco.
Microsoft may charge developers if they submit within a year more than five applications or application updates to the Windows Mobile Marketplace, a move that has some developers concerned that the store won't be able to compete with the iPhone App S...
Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Administrators of most versions of Google Apps can now view charts that graph the activity levels of end-users with the hosted suite's collaboration and communication applications.
Google will announce the next step in Gmail's evolution, a new product with "a European multilingual angle," on Monday.
Online attack code has been released targeting a critical, unpatched flaw in the Firefox browser.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Linux kernel 2.6.29 was released this week and sports hundreds of changes, bug fixes and new functionality, but one change sure to raise a few eyebrows is the addition of Tuz, the Tasmanian Devil disguised as a penguin who takes over from Tux as the ...
The proliferation of standards-based video sharing and collaboration is set to take off with a $US100,000 grant from the Mozilla Foundation to fund the development of the Ogg Theora video codec and server-side streaming software.
2009 will be the year SMBs start adopting software as a service (SaaS) in earnest, presenting an opportunity for Microsoft and other vendors to offer services to them despite the economic recession, according to a Microsoft survey.
An Israeli firm has accused Microsoft Corp. of using its technologies in key components of Windows Update, court documents show.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
- How to clear unwanted autofill entries in Google Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD