A Windows enthusiast is calling for Microsoft to release Windows 7 now, only a few weeks after the company made available the software's first public test version.
Software and Services
Microsoft has made source code for its Live Labs Web Sandbox project for securing Web content through isolation available via open source under the Apache License 2.0, according to a report this week on Microsoft's Port 25 site.
Microsoft has delivered a preliminary release candidate for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to testers and is again on track to offer another public preview next month, according to several reports on the Web.
Microsoft's Silverlight technology has streamed some high-profile live events lately, the inauguration of US President Barack Obama and the 2008 Summer Olympics among them. But Silverlight's real promise for the business customer - to improve user i...
Google on Tuesday launched an updated version of Gmail that lets users access their accounts without an Internet connection.
Google will begin to offer browser-based offline access to its Gmail Webmail application, a much-awaited feature.
New Microsoft technology designed to protect Internet Explorer users from a powerful new Web-based attack will not fix the problem, security experts said Tuesday.
The Tories could order the wholesale introduction of open source IT systems if they are returned to office at the next election.
Technical advisers to the antitrust regulators who monitor Microsoft's compliance with a 2002 antitrust settlement will test Windows 7 "more thoroughly" than earlier versions of the operating system, according to a recently-released status report fil...
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
As expected, Microsoft Monday launched a release candidate of Internet Explorer 8, the first update to the browser since last August.
Protection against malicious Web attacks and tweaks to a feature that lets users browse the Internet privately are among updates Internet Explorer users can test in the first release candidate for IE8, which Microsoft made available Monday.
Mozilla Labs, the research arm of Mozilla, wants 1% of Firefox users to allow it to watch how they use the browser -- and the Web in general.
The European Union's antitrust agency on Saturday confirmed that it has charged Microsoft with breaking the law, saying that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from "head-to-head competition" by bundling its browser with Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
- Elon Musk says Tesla’s next-gen Model 4 will be affordable for everyone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW