Today's modern desktop operating systems of Windows Vista, Apple Mac OS X, and Linux still fail to address the basic requirements of the NSW Department of Education and Training's netbook project and instead the older Windows XP remains the platform ...
Software and Services - News
An industry analyst forecast has Linux shipments slipping a bit more percentage-wise than Microsoft's Windows Server, but Microsoft is feeling the pain of the economy, too, said an analyst who worked on the report.
Microsoft Corp. has announced that it will drop mainstream support for Office 2003 on April 14, the same day it starts to retire Windows XP.
Back in 2006, Novell took the plunge with its first significant Linux desktop for business product SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop, or SLED, 10. Novell has taken two years to produce the next generation, SLED 11, which should offer an even more polishe...
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday announced the 10th member of its Windows Server 2008 family with a new version of the server operating system aimed at companies with fewer than 15 employees.
U.S. District Court Judge Marsha Pechman yesterday postponed the upcoming trial of the Vista Capable lawsuit, which was set to start April 13, court documents show.
What was billed as a roundtable discussion for members of the new Symbian Foundation turned into an opportunity for them to lay out the challenges and threats to their fledgling group.
As expected, Microsoft Wednesday introduced a version of its Windows Server OS for small businesses with 15 users or less, filling in what the company sees as a gap in its server offerings.
Intel on Thursday plans to turn over the reins of its Moblin Linux-based platform project to the Linux Foundation, putting the work in neutral territory in the hopes of attracting more community support for it.
Telstra has announced that its software as a service (SaaS) platform T-Suite has gone live. The platform, launched in beta in November last year, allows organisations to lease software from the telco for a recurring monthly fee.
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
Wikia Search, Jimmy Wales' long-shot attempt at disrupting Google's search-engine dominance, is closing on Tuesday.
Yet another Windows 7 build has leaked to the Web, turning recent appearances of pirated copies into a weekly event on file-sharing sites.
Microsoft is shutting down its Encarta encyclopedia Web sites and will also discontinue its Student and Premium Encarta software products.
Microsoft has added a feature to Live Search designed to give users up-to-the-minute information linked to a particular search query to help make searches more interactive for users.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
- How to clear unwanted autofill entries in Google Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCAPS 5/6 Policy/Programme OfficerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC