Microsoft is shutting down its Encarta encyclopedia Web sites and will also discontinue its Student and Premium Encarta software products.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft has added a feature to Live Search designed to give users up-to-the-minute information linked to a particular search query to help make searches more interactive for users.
Google's Gmail just grew up, but not by much. Marking the online e-mail service's fifth birthday, Google announced it is going global with its Gmail Labs box of quirky functions it launched last year in English.
Business software that employees find difficult to use is costing Australian business an estimated $49 billion a year, equivalent to a wasted 1.2 billion hours, according to new research from e-document and printing software vendor Global Graphics.
Unless its two biggest rivals take extraordinary steps, Mozilla Corp. will be the first browser maker to patch a critical vulnerability used a week ago to win US$5,000 in a hacking contest.
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Open-source software companies are missing out on a relatively inexpensive way to fight concerns about patent liability, according to an attorney who spoke at an open-source conference in San Francisco.
Microsoft may charge developers if they submit within a year more than five applications or application updates to the Windows Mobile Marketplace, a move that has some developers concerned that the store won't be able to compete with the iPhone App S...
Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Administrators of most versions of Google Apps can now view charts that graph the activity levels of end-users with the hosted suite's collaboration and communication applications.
Google will announce the next step in Gmail's evolution, a new product with "a European multilingual angle," on Monday.
Online attack code has been released targeting a critical, unpatched flaw in the Firefox browser.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Linux kernel 2.6.29 was released this week and sports hundreds of changes, bug fixes and new functionality, but one change sure to raise a few eyebrows is the addition of Tuz, the Tasmanian Devil disguised as a penguin who takes over from Tux as the ...
The proliferation of standards-based video sharing and collaboration is set to take off with a $US100,000 grant from the Mozilla Foundation to fund the development of the Ogg Theora video codec and server-side streaming software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia