Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
Software and Services
A woman has filed a class-action lawsuit against Microsoft over a US$59.25 charge for downgrading her Windows Vista PC to XP.
Apple today issued multiple updates for Mac OS X and Java that patched 55 bugs, including one for its Safari Web browser that prompted a security researcher to blast the company for a half-hearted approach to security.
Microsoft is crying foul over recent comments made by an Adobe executive that Silverlight has "fizzled" as a competitor to Adobe's Flash.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Microsoft Wednesday put forth its best case as to why corporations and large organizations should consider upgrading to the Windows Vista operating system, even as its successor Windows 7, looms.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Chip vendors Qualcomm and Nvidia have thrown their support behind the Windows 7 OS for netbooks, announcing efforts to bring better graphics and continuous 3G connectivity to the devices.
Microsoft would better protect users by severing Internet Explorer's connections to Windows, then patching the browser invisibly in the background -- daily if necessary, a security expert argued Tuesday.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
In a vote of confidence for Windows 7's suitability for use on netbook PCs, Hewlett-Packard says it likely will offer at least three different editions of the upcoming operating system on future models of its Mini netbooks.
Microsoft will not offer "Ultimate Extras" in Window 7, the company has confirmed, saying it abandoned the heavily-criticized concept to focus on "existing features."
The turbulent economy could hinder enterprise adoption of Windows 7, even though many companies opted to skip Windows Vista and are still running the outdated Windows XP OS, analysts said.
Microsoft changed the default settings of one of its most important security features for Windows 7 because users balked at clicking more than two prompts a day, a company executive said Thursday.
Microsoft may do the unthinkable with Danger, the mobile software and services developer it purchased last year: Go open source.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
- Elon Musk says Tesla’s next-gen Model 4 will be affordable for everyone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW