New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Software and Services
Google has begun testing a service that will make transcripts of voice-mail messages and make them searchable.
Microsoft has set a goal for reducing its carbon emissions and has plans to support the development of software that can help address climate change issues, the company's chief environmental strategist said.
Mozilla's research arm wants to speed up tasks in Firefox that typically start with a blank tab, like searching, reading Web mail or navigating to a new site, a company official said Wednesday.
Microsoft on Wednesday revealed it will pay developers 70 percent of sales for applications they develop and sell on a Windows Mobile application marketplace introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Search engine Google has revealed that the files of some Google Docs users have been shared with unauthorised users.
Google's Gmail e-mail service is down for an undetermined number of users, and while the outage has been partially fixed, some people could be locked out of their accounts for many more hours.
Microsoft next month plans to release a toolkit to help business customers begin testing their existing applications for compatibility with Windows 7.
About a year ago on its Redmond, Washington, campus, a member of Microsoft's Windows Vista team met with a group of journalists to face some tough questions about the OS.
Microsoft is touting support for its Silverlight multimedia application technology in the Eclipse open source tools platform.
Microsoft Friday confirmed that users will be able to remove Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), as well as several other integrated applications, from Windows 7.
Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
After several delays, Mozilla Tuesday set a release schedule for Firefox 3.1 Beta 3, the next milestone on the road to the browser's first major upgrade since June 2008.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
- Elon Musk says Tesla’s next-gen Model 4 will be affordable for everyone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC