Open-source software companies are missing out on a relatively inexpensive way to fight concerns about patent liability, according to an attorney who spoke at an open-source conference in San Francisco.
Software and Services
Microsoft may charge developers if they submit within a year more than five applications or application updates to the Windows Mobile Marketplace, a move that has some developers concerned that the store won't be able to compete with the iPhone App S...
Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Administrators of most versions of Google Apps can now view charts that graph the activity levels of end-users with the hosted suite's collaboration and communication applications.
Google will announce the next step in Gmail's evolution, a new product with "a European multilingual angle," on Monday.
Online attack code has been released targeting a critical, unpatched flaw in the Firefox browser.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Linux kernel 2.6.29 was released this week and sports hundreds of changes, bug fixes and new functionality, but one change sure to raise a few eyebrows is the addition of Tuz, the Tasmanian Devil disguised as a penguin who takes over from Tux as the ...
The proliferation of standards-based video sharing and collaboration is set to take off with a $US100,000 grant from the Mozilla Foundation to fund the development of the Ogg Theora video codec and server-side streaming software.
2009 will be the year SMBs start adopting software as a service (SaaS) in earnest, presenting an opportunity for Microsoft and other vendors to offer services to them despite the economic recession, according to a Microsoft survey.
An Israeli firm has accused Microsoft Corp. of using its technologies in key components of Windows Update, court documents show.
Novell has unveiled SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 with features and capabilities that reflect the company's controversial multiyear agreement with Microsoft.
Popular CD and DVD burning application for KDE, K3b is gearing up for its first port to KDE4 with a pending 2.0 release, but part of the Qt toolkit had to be forked to make it possible.
Gains made by Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) since its launch last Thursday have come at the expense of the older IE7, according to data from Irish metrics firm StatCounter.
By now, many collaboration software providers consider it a must to have an enterprise social-networking component in their suites, but Google, which shook up this market with its Web-hosted Apps product in 2006, stands out for lacking this capabilit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW