Just days after customers complained on a Facebook discussion about the lack of software updates to Windows Mobile phones, Microsoft published a job ad for a developer who will build an update process for the operating system.
Software and Services - News
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Microsoft Corp. Tuesday issued eight security updates that patch 23 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Excel and other parts of its software portfolio, a collection of fixes one researcher called "insane."<br/>
Web retailer Amazon.com blamed a glitch that knocked gay-and-lesbian-themed books out of its main product search engine on a "ham-fisted cataloging error," and disputed one man's claim that he had hacked the site to make this happen.
Microsoft Corp. announced Thursday that it will start pushing Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) to customers this month.
As planned, Microsoft Corp. will drop Windows XP out of what it calls "mainstream support" Tuesday, the company confirmed Monday.
Microsoft has reacted to the global economic slump by reassigning half of its forward-looking Live Labs staff to other projects around the company. The remaining half will focus solely on Microsoft's search products, the area that probably offers Mic...
Google is going to make sure users of its Apps productivity and collaboration software can tap all of the company's services, according to Dave Girouard, president of the company's enterprise group, in a colorful tweet on Twitter.
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices has released a beta of a new 3D browser, which is designed to let users easily share multimedia files stored on their PCs with their social networks.
The open source KOffice project has announced the availability of the first release candidate of the next generation, version 2.0, which may be the last release before the final 2.0.
Major League Baseball purged all postings from an official blog in which it had candidly detailed its progress and troubles with a new media player for its MLB.TV game online video streaming service, a move that won't sit well with subscribers, indus...
A jury in Rhode Island found Microsoft guilty of patent infringement, ordering it to pay US$38 million to Uniloc, the patent holder.
Google's new Secure Data Connector could result in a plethora of tie-ups between its productivity software and a range of enterprise applications and data sources.
Google and Yahoo have launched special sites dedicated to coverage of the federal elections starting April 16 in a bid to build their brands among Internet users in the country.
The anticipated initial service pack for Microsoft's SQL Server 2008 database will be available imminently, Microsoft said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT