Microsoft has scaled back its Windows 10 release schedule to two feature upgrades a year, not the three annually it once envisioned.
Software and Services
In the sometimes-iffy world of crowdfunding, getting your hands on a working prototype well in advance of the end of the campaign is the exception, not the rule. But I recently had an opportunity to see and hear Nuheara’s Bluetooth IQbuds, which have...
Microsoft really, really wants to get your feedback. Not content to merely periodically ask you for your thoughts on Windows 10, the company has released its Feedback Hub to all Windows 10 users, not just Windows Insider testers.
Here are both ways of doing it.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
The latest Windows 10 Mobile preview build kills Wi-Fi Sense, and makes it easier to navigate on Microsoft Edge.
You hated it in Windows 8, but the OneDrive universal app for Windows 10 is a helpful alternative to placeholders.
Those invited to a shared album can now comment and get 'smart' suggestions about which photos to add.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
Microsoft today declined to confirm that it will end the on-screen campaign that nags Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10.
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
Spotify’s video push includes 12 TV-style video series with musical themes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA