A simple, slightly quirky, but very inexpensive way to author DVDs -- that's WinX DVD author in a nutshell. The best news is that WinX DVD Author ($26, free demo) works quite well with the file types that it supports (mpeg, AVI, MP4k).
Software and Services
It looks like the image of a woman throwing up after inadvertently viewing pornography was too controversial for Microsoft.
Moblin is an Intel-created open-source operating system for netbooks and, specifically, the kind of people who use them.
In 1989, Eugene Kaspersky ran afoul of the Cascade virus while working for the Ministry of Defence in the heart of the Soviet Union. He defeated it with his wits and a pencil.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 is off to a running start. The new browser, boasting significant speed increases and a host of added features, was officially released Tuesday morning. By mid-afternoon, the program had surpassed 1.6 million downloads worldwide ...
A year ago today, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows XP, no longer selling new copies in most venues. The June 30 kill date for XP followed a six-month outcry from users about Windows Vista, with demands that Microsoft keep XP available alongside V...
Mozilla today released Firefox 3.5, which you can download from Mozilla's Web site. Firefox 3.5 boasts a number of significant changes--ranging from new ways to work with the browser features to under-the-hood improvements that Mozilla developers say...
Microsoft is readying its next major release of the Windows operating system. After months of demos, early testing, beta releases, and finally announced launch plans, here's what you can expect in an upgrade.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate 2 is now out in the open, meaning the long-awaited final version is likely right around the corner.
Government agencies looking to save money by using software with no up-front purchase cost should fully consider the long-term expenditures for using those products, a new report said.
Though Vista and XP users can enjoy some of the Windows 7's goodies, either directly or by proxy, various highly desirable features are available only in the genuine article. Here are five that will require you to roll a 7.
Fujitsu will charge for Windows 7 upgrade vouchers when it begins offering them shortly to people that buy a PC ahead of the operating system's Oct. 22 launch.
I've always wanted to get a modern operating system to work on my graphing calculator. And we're about there, thanks to the efforts of a fellow (or strangly named lady) on The Windows Club forum.
Opera Software lit up the blogosphere today with the debut of its Opera Unite, a collaborative technology that embeds a Web server in its Opera 10 browser, which is still in beta.
The European Commission will proceed with its antitrust case against Microsoft regardless of the announcement late Thursday that the software giant is stripping its browser, Internet Explorer (IE), from the next incarnation of its operating system, W...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT