For browser fans, this is the best of times.
Software and Services - Features
The Web browser turns 15 on Oct. 13, 2009 - a key milestone in the history of the Internet. That’s when the first commercial Web browser - eventually called Netscape Navigator - was released as beta code. While researchers including World Wide Web in...
If you were a betting man (or woman), who do you think would win in a social media face-off between the two most widely used desktop/laptop operating systems?
The release of Windows Mobile 6.5 is not the complete overhaul that users have been demanding. For that the smartphone-using public will have to wait for Windows Mobile 7, scheduled to release in the last quarter of 2010.
You can stop holding your breath now: Windows Mobile 6.5 is here. Oh, come on -- I know you've been just dying to get your hands on Microsoft's new mobile OS, haven't you? Anyone? Hello?
As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a big fan of the Windows Media Center software that comes baked into most versions of Vista and Windows 7.
Windows Vista never was particularly speedy in most people's eyes. Whether it deserved the reputation or not, the word on the street was that Vista was both slow and bloated.
Flawless? Windows 7? Of course not. Think of these ten areas as constituting a working to-do list for Windows 8.
Windows XP retained many loyal users during the dark ages of Vista, but the emergence of Windows 7 may signal the end of an era.
Microsoft's new operating system improves on Windows Vista in many ways. Here are the ten things we like best about Windows 7.
Google turned 11 yesterday, and it's hard to believe Google is <i>only</i> 11. Long ago it became its own verb, replacing "to search for" with its ubiquitous moniker, and permanently etched itself into Internet culture. Now, with its many offshoots, ...
It is my sad news this morning to report the demise of the world's most famous microblog. Twitter, we hardly knew ye.
Ever wanted to read other people's observations — or even share your own — when you're browsing the Web? [[xref:http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/172470/googles_sidewiki_lets_people_post_comments_about_web_pages.html|Google To...
FL Studio keeps getting better with a host of new tweaks and innovations. Version 9 of this software music production environment is the culmination of more than 10 years of development and with the company's policy of a lifetime free upgrades for o...
Arena 2 at Tech.Ed was surprisingly not a full house as a session was given on the top 10 reasons for deploying Windows 7. Not surprisingly, the number one reason for deploying Windows 7 is its performance, including how the operating system performs...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
- How to clear unwanted autofill entries in Google Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW