Windows 10 is still a privacy-invading operating system, but the improved settings in the Creators Update give you more information and control.
Software and Services - Features
Sir Tim Berners Lee, deservingly among the most decorated of technology professionals for his invention of the world wide web, has now been honored with the 50th edition of the ACM A.M. Turing Award (a.k.a., the Nobel Prize of Computing).
Windows 10's Game Mode won't improve performance on every PC, but when it does, it can make a massive difference.
Microsoft's forthcoming Creators Update offers a mixed bag of fixes for Win10's biggest knocks
Amazon's voice-activated digital assistant Alexa is learning new skills right and left. In fact, she can now deliver the latest tech news from Computerworld.
A hands-on look at whether Microsoft’s Win10 Creators Update will win back your trust
A ‘white hat’ is an ethical computer hacker or cyber security expert. White hat hackers often conduct exploratory testing to ensure an organization or computer system is properly protected.
Microsoft has positioned artificial intelligence as being as important as Windows, Office and Cloud. Here's why.
After almost four years, the Gmail app finally gets an update, plus Google Calendar adds Spotlight search support.
Microsoft's smash sandbox is expanding to more schools, and teachers claim real benefits.
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands ...
There's never been a better time to give Linux a try on your PC. Here's why.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW