Apple is expected to take the wraps off the next version of iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and OS X at WWDC. We spoke to some app developers to find out what's on their wish lists.
Software and Services
In recent years, Australia has been ranked #1 globally for bullying on social media showing that parental monitoring is not enough. The internet is a great place to learn, be entertained, share and communicate, but not so great at protecting against bullying.
Microsoft has been using a deceptive tactic to dupe Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10 for at least two months.
Microsoft has scaled back its Windows 10 release schedule to two feature upgrades a year, not the three annually it once envisioned.
In the sometimes-iffy world of crowdfunding, getting your hands on a working prototype well in advance of the end of the campaign is the exception, not the rule. But I recently had an opportunity to see and hear Nuheara’s Bluetooth IQbuds, which have garnered more than US$620,000 during their Indiegogo campaign (against an initial goal of just US$50,000). There are no sure things, but if the crowdfunders end up with nothing more than prototypes like I listened to, they should be happy.
A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
Microsoft really, really wants to get your feedback. Not content to merely periodically ask you for your thoughts on Windows 10, the company has released its Feedback Hub to all Windows 10 users, not just Windows Insider testers.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
Historical photo presets join a swift, lightweight organizer to create unique film looks and special effects.
The latest Windows 10 Mobile preview build kills Wi-Fi Sense, and makes it easier to navigate on Microsoft Edge.
You hated it in Windows 8, but the OneDrive universal app for Windows 10 is a helpful alternative to placeholders.
Evolutionary release with a new licensing program
Those invited to a shared album can now comment and get 'smart' suggestions about which photos to add.
The latest build of Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update preview makes Edge easier to install and eliminates a controversial feature in Sense.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC