The best retail video player has a new feature, and it's very cool.
Software and Services
The new upgrade introduces small improvements across the board, but nothing to sway Windows 7 stalwarts
Last year, Microsoft announced that it planned to have a billion devices running Windows 10 by the middle of 2018. Now, the company is saying that was too ambitious.
Maxthon's fifth-generation MX5 Web browser includes a number of key features, such as password management, that you might end up paying for on other browsers.
Minor but necessary tweaks are coming to the iPad this September. Here's a sneak preview.
WebVR support is a work in progress for the Chromium project, which could one day change how we browse the Internet.
Stickers are a fun way to spruce up your photos, but they have a surprisingly practical application, too.
We all love the feeling of preparing a holiday from packing a suitcase to jumping into a plane and flying to an exotic destination. While it’s so exciting to travel, for most of us, finding the cheapest plane ticket is a priority.
It's a power struggle for the age of the web, as we test major browsers in a carefully controlled battery-rundown test. Which one will kill your laptop first? The answer's not as simple as you'd think.
Google's video service is jumping into a space that's exploded in popularity thanks to Periscope and Facebook LIve.
The feature will be built into Android with a Play Services update and work on iOS through the Google app.
Step aside, Siri, Cortana and Alexa. We look at three new virtual assistants that raise the bar for usefulness, interactivity and personalization.
Any software — even a premier operating system — that gets onto computers through stealth means has crossed over to the dark side.
Accounting software used to be one of the most annoying product categories on the planet. Not only was the software hard to use, forcing many small business owners to hire book-keepers and accountants in order to make sure everything balanced at the end of the month and spend hours typing invoices, the costs were high and there was annual pressure to update the software as the government changed accounting and tax rules each year.
Harassment of women in tech is a problem that Intel, Lady Gaga and others are urging top tech execs to fight. Columnist Rob Enderle writes that we have to stop tolerating this behavior in order to stop it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW