WD's new two-in-one drive comes in a retail kit that's extravagant as far as hard drive packaging is concerned.
Servers & Storage
The latest Top500 list details the world's mightiest silicon
The amount of data in the world doubles every 18 months. Here's a look at eight real-world big data deployments in a variety of industries.
Data centres need to be secure, temperature controlled, spacious, redundant, reliable – nothing sexy. But that doesn't mean they can't be. Here are a few that rise above the crowd and take advantage of the possibilities.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
One of the funnest parts of the Consumer Electronics Show are the cool, the crazy, and just-around-the-corner products.
From CES in January to next holiday season, 2011 promises some phenomenal new gear.
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed into the first commercial computer, IBM 305 system, which then stored the data on hard disks
It's the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Commander Keen game. We thought about sending some fine china to Apogee and id Software, but decided that a tribute slideshow would probably be a better idea.
Last night, nefarious members of Australia's technology press converged at the CBD Bar, Sydney, for a Halloween Party thrown by PR firm Max Australia, whose clients include NetApp, Fuji-Xerox, Belkin and Symantec.
Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
IBM recently launched its Portable Modular Data Centre solution in Australia. The unit is basically a self-contained datacentre located in a mobile shipping container. Prices range from US$700,000 to US$3 million, with site preparation and installation services not included. The launch follows similar product offerings by rivals such as Sun Microsystems (now owned by Oracle) in Australia over the past few years.
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
External hard drives are now cheaper than ever, with prices catching up to the internal HDD market. If your dad is a hoarder of digital content, why not grab him an external hard drive this Father's Day? This will save him the trouble of jamming another hard drive into his computer tower -- instead he can take his movies, photos and music files wherever he goes. Here are some of the biggest bargains we've seen online.
Here are 10 things we love/hate about cloud automation tools.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar launches new USB JumpDrives
- Seagate breaks through the 1TB-per-platter barrier for laptop drives
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW