Traditional external spinning-disk hard drives can be fragile things -- if you’re carrying one around with you it’s almost guaranteed to get a few knocks and bumps, and there’s an ever-present chance that it might fail. You can reduce the chance of t...
Servers & Storage
Western Digital's My Book Live Duo is the two-disk version of the company's My Book Live network storage solution. Western Digital calls these drives "personal cloud storage" because they offer an easy way for users to access their own data (which co...
A hard drive dock offers an easy way to get data off any old (or current) hard disks that you have lying around. Rather than having to open up your PC or fiddle with installing them in an external case, a hard drive allows you to just plug and unplug...
ioSafe is a company that specialises in offering <i>seriously</i> sturdy storage: we're talking fireproof and waterproof external desktop drives, fireproofed internal hard drives, and server-grade rugged backup systems.
Hitachi’s G-Drive Mini is aimed at Mac users: its styling takes some cues from the unibody MacBook Pro, and its complement of FireWire 800 alongside USB 2.0 ports suits long-time Mac aficionados. It’ll still work on a Windows computer, of course, and...
The original Seagate Momentus XT impressed us in 2010 with its innovative cache of SLC NAND flash memory: a small 4GB chip that stored a copy of commonly-accessed data and delivered it when needed at speeds much, much faster than the hard drive’s spi...
Solid-state disks may be all the rage right now for their excellent speeds, low power consumption and small size, but plenty of companies have hedged their bets with tried, tested and traditional products. Good ol’ fashioned magnetic spinning-disk ha...
Western Digital's My Book Live is a network attached storage (NAS) device that's available in 1TB, 2TB or 3TB capacities and with a Gigabit Ethernet connection. It's a simple device to use and while it offers plenty of storage space for your files, i...
Hitachi's G-Drive Slim is apparently the slimmest 2.5in external hard drive available to buy today. This naturally makes it a good choice to accompany the latest fleet of thin notebooks like the new Apple MacBook Air and the Samsung Series 9, and its...
If you want to give your notebook or desktop PC a major speed boost, Crucial's m4 256GB solid state drive (SSD) is a must-have. It's one of the fastest drive's on the market and it'll not only speed up boot-up times if used as a system drive, it'll m...
Transcend's SSD18C3 is a portable, 1.8in solid state drive that runs on USB 3.0. It's small and very mobile and it most likely won't make your data unreadable if you accidentally drop it. These are the best traits of this drive: it's more durable tha...
The Western Digital My Book Studio 3TB external hard drive is a simple solution for backing up data from your pre-2011 Mac via FireWire. If you've got a newer Mac you can use USB 2.0, but we'd wait for a Thunderbolt enclosure on those devices.
Hitachi's 500GB Touro Mobile Pro portable USB 3.0 hard drive is unashamedly modelled after the iPhone 4.
The QNAP TurboNAS TS-219+ is a two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device that can accept SATA 3.0 hard drives up to 3TB, for a total capacity of 6TB. It has one Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to your network, and extra drives (or even print...
The QNAP TS-412 TurboNAS is a four-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that can support four internal hard drives and up to six externally attached drives. It's a comprehensive NAS device that's aimed at home users as well as small business own...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW