Sometimes you just need to have all your stuff stored in one place. Having multiple drives and partitions can get confusing when it comes to both accessing your data and figuring out what needs to be backed up, not to mention the mess of power and da...
Servers & Storage
Synology's DiskStation DS212j is a two-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that's aimed at the home and small office markets. It doesn't ship with any hard drives, so you'll have to source one or two of your own 3.5in SATA disks before you can ...
The Buffalo CloudStation CS-X1 is a single-drive, 1TB network storage device that's designed to live on the Internet. It's one of the easiest drives we've ever used when it comes to remote access, and this is due to the PogoPlug technology that Buffa...
Synology's two-bay, DiskStation DS212+ provides great performance and state-of-the-art connectivity, but it lacks the expandability and physical security of its sibling, the DiskStation DS712+.
Running an Intel Atom CPU and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, the WD Sentinel is designed for small business users who want an easy solution not only for backing up data and serving files, but also for accessing data remotely.
Traditional external spinning-disk hard drives can be fragile things -- if you’re carrying one around with you it’s almost guaranteed to get a few knocks and bumps, and there’s an ever-present chance that it might fail. You can reduce the chance of t...
Western Digital's My Book Live Duo is the two-disk version of the company's My Book Live network storage solution. Western Digital calls these drives "personal cloud storage" because they offer an easy way for users to access their own data (which co...
A hard drive dock offers an easy way to get data off any old (or current) hard disks that you have lying around. Rather than having to open up your PC or fiddle with installing them in an external case, a hard drive allows you to just plug and unplug...
ioSafe is a company that specialises in offering <i>seriously</i> sturdy storage: we're talking fireproof and waterproof external desktop drives, fireproofed internal hard drives, and server-grade rugged backup systems.
Hitachi’s G-Drive Mini is aimed at Mac users: its styling takes some cues from the unibody MacBook Pro, and its complement of FireWire 800 alongside USB 2.0 ports suits long-time Mac aficionados. It’ll still work on a Windows computer, of course, and...
The original Seagate Momentus XT impressed us in 2010 with its innovative cache of SLC NAND flash memory: a small 4GB chip that stored a copy of commonly-accessed data and delivered it when needed at speeds much, much faster than the hard drive’s spi...
Solid-state disks may be all the rage right now for their excellent speeds, low power consumption and small size, but plenty of companies have hedged their bets with tried, tested and traditional products. Good ol’ fashioned magnetic spinning-disk ha...
Western Digital's My Book Live is a network attached storage (NAS) device that's available in 1TB, 2TB or 3TB capacities and with a Gigabit Ethernet connection. It's a simple device to use and while it offers plenty of storage space for your files, i...
Hitachi's G-Drive Slim is apparently the slimmest 2.5in external hard drive available to buy today. This naturally makes it a good choice to accompany the latest fleet of thin notebooks like the new Apple MacBook Air and the Samsung Series 9, and its...
If you want to give your notebook or desktop PC a major speed boost, Crucial's m4 256GB solid state drive (SSD) is a must-have. It's one of the fastest drive's on the market and it'll not only speed up boot-up times if used as a system drive, it'll m...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar launches new USB JumpDrives
- Seagate breaks through the 1TB-per-platter barrier for laptop drives
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA