As portable USB flash drive storage capacities continue to rise, the possibility of losing a lot of data in one hit becomes more worrying. While there are no flashing lights, laser grids or barbed wire to suggest that the Kingston DataTraveler Vault ...
Servers & Storage
Western Digital has updated its ShareSpace NAS device network-attached storage (NAS) device, boosting capacity and transfer speeds. The price is high for a 4-bay NAS device, but the WD ShareSpace NAS device has some appealing qualities.
Samsung's new PB22-J 256GB solid-state disk (SSD) promises a goodly amount of storage and high performance for the well-heeled notebook user.
Not enough space on your Apple iPhone for all your music? Need more storage for your tiny netbook hard drive? ZumoDrive promises to solve conundrums like these by keeping your files in the cloud but making them accessible in real-time, just as though...
Proware's DN-500A-CM isn't a NAS device for the feint-hearted. What looks, feels and acts like a home-made attempt at network-attached storage is also difficult to configure and maintain. If you are up to the challenge though, it is expandable and ha...
While many external drives now come with a physical push-button backup option, a new genre of backup devices is emerging: one-touch USB flash drives that combine the convenience of small size with relatively sophisticated backup applications for data...
QNAP's TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS is the company's most powerful and highest capacity network-attached storage (NAS) device yet. Capable of hosting eight internal hard drives simultaneously for a maximum capacity of 16TB, this NAS device can certainly meet...
Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 stands apart with smooth setup, a nice set of features, and potential for growth
In my quest to test all of the latest high-capacity consumer solid-state disk (SSD) drives, I came upon OCZ Technology's Apex SATA II SSD and was impressed not so much with its performance -- though you will see a boost when using it -- as with its p...
The Seagate Momentus 7200.4 (ST9500420AS) is a 500GB 2.5in hard drive with a spin speed of 7200rpm and a 16MB cache. Despite being small enough to fit in a laptop drive bay it is faster than many 3.5in hard drives designed for desktop PCs.
Linksys by Cisco's Media Hub NMH405 is a network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for use in the home. It will let you store 2TB of music, videos and photos, and share them with computers on your network and other devices that support the DLNA ...
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS is a 1TB internal desktop hard drive with a 32MB cache and a spin speed of 7200rpm. It has two 500GB platters and offers very fast transfer speeds.
The Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive is a Gigabit Ethernet-capable NAS (Network-attached storage) device with a 500GB storage capacity.
Bearing the US Army's seal of approval, the Transcend StoreJet 25M-R portable hard drive boasts good speeds and shockproof casing to protect it from the rigours of travel.
The latest version of the Time Capsule -- Apple's Wi-Fi router with an integrated hard drive -- has some new tricks up its sleeve that make it a more versatile backbone for a home wireless network. Its cost and a lack of compatibility with Windows-ba...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
- Samsung begins shipping redonkulous 15.36TB SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD