The Seagate Momentus 7200.4 (ST9500420AS) is a 500GB 2.5in hard drive with a spin speed of 7200rpm and a 16MB cache. Despite being small enough to fit in a laptop drive bay it is faster than many 3.5in hard drives designed for desktop PCs.
Servers & Storage
Linksys by Cisco's Media Hub NMH405 is a network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for use in the home. It will let you store 2TB of music, videos and photos, and share them with computers on your network and other devices that support the DLNA ...
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS is a 1TB internal desktop hard drive with a 32MB cache and a spin speed of 7200rpm. It has two 500GB platters and offers very fast transfer speeds.
The Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive is a Gigabit Ethernet-capable NAS (Network-attached storage) device with a 500GB storage capacity.
Bearing the US Army's seal of approval, the Transcend StoreJet 25M-R portable hard drive boasts good speeds and shockproof casing to protect it from the rigours of travel.
The latest version of the Time Capsule -- Apple's Wi-Fi router with an integrated hard drive -- has some new tricks up its sleeve that make it a more versatile backbone for a home wireless network. Its cost and a lack of compatibility with Windows-ba...
The Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B (HDT721010SLA360) internal hard drive may have slower transfer speeds than other "green" drives, but it's cool, quiet and energy efficient. It is also cheap, making it an attractive option.
The Kingston SSDNow M series SNM125-S2/80GB solid state drive provides excellent performance for a 2.5in hard drive, but the very high cost and low 80GB capacity make it a very expensive storage option.
The Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus external desktop drive has a 750GB capacity and can connect to your PC through either USB 2.0 or FireWire 400 ports. It may not look pretty, but its good transfer speeds and fair pricing make it worth buying.
If you have large numbers of MP3 or videos scattered across various computers or other devices on your home network, Linksys by Cisco's Media Hub NMH-305 network-attached storage (NAS) device offers easy access to them all. It can also store 500GB of...
Western Digital's MyBook World Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device is a great option for storing and streaming high-definition media around your home. However its performance takes a hit when transferring a lot of small files and a premium ...
But tests yield slower read speeds than Samsung claims
The QNAP TS-439 Pro is a four-bay network attached storage (NAS) device with a wide range of features. Its main downside is its steep learning curve. If you’re working in a small office environment and want lots of networked storage, then the QNAP TS...
Western Digital has managed to fit 2TB of storage in a single hard drive. The Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (WD20EADS) has a competitive cost per gigabyte of storage, although there are faster hard drives available.
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are usually the realm of the tech-savvy, with confusing interfaces, lots of associated technical jargon and complicated maintenance. For those who want extensive storage without the complexity, the Iomega StorCe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk pushes MicroSD to 200GB
- Samsung jumps into external SSD market
- Steve Wozniak just wants to build things
- WD goes cable-free with My Passport Wireless
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW