Western Digital's refreshed My Book Elite 2TB external hard drive offers intuitive backup options, 256-bit AES hardware encryption, and an e-ink capacity indicator. However, there are faster USB 2.0-based external hard drives that have passed through...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
It has been more than a year-and-a-half since I last reviewed an IronKey secure USB flash drive, so when the company sent one my way with a few new features I jumped at the chance to see if there had been any major improvements over the last version ...
Iomega has forsaken the metal hipflask idea for a more plastic-like design with its latest eGo external hard drive. Like the original eGo, Iomega makes a few different options available, not just in capacity but colour too.
Time was, if you needed a server for anything from a small business to a college, or an enterprise-level corporation, you were looking at a complex computer system, negotiated through a command-line interface.
If you need 2TB of storage but don't want to sacrifice performance, Western Digital's Caviar Black (WD2001FASS) might be for you.
LaCie's LaCinema Rugged HD is a hard drive that attaches to your PC's USB port, and it's a multimedia player that outputs the video, music, and images that you copy onto it to your TV via HDMI or composite/analog outputs. It's price (US$349) is above...
Western Digital's My Passport Essential SE is currently the only portable external hard drive to boast a whopping 1TB of storage space. Despite this, it is one of the smallest hard drives around and it is quite speedy, too.
QNAP's TS-419P Turbo NAS device has four drive bays and can house up to 8TB of storage. It offers plenty of features to suit both homes and small businesses, but it didn't perform spectacularly in our tests.
LaCie's Starck Desktop Hard Drive provides 1TB of storage in a stylish enclosure. It has a faceplate with a touch-sensitive area for launching backup software, and it provides good read speeds for a USB 2.0 external hard drive.
The Netgear ReadyNAS NVX makes network-attached storage (NAS) simple; all you have to do is plug it in. It's four-bay NAS device that provides up to 4TB of storage.
LaCie's Starck Mobile Hard Drive is a 2.5in portable external drive with a striking design. Available in 320GB and 500GB models, the hard drive looks fashionable and is extremely durable. It also provides solid transfer speeds over a USB 2.0 connecti...
Apacer's A7 Turbo is a reasonably priced 64GB solid-state drive. It has a Serial ATA II interface and a 2.5in form factor, so it's a good value option for a notebook. It can also be used in a desktop PC if you have an appropriate mounting kit.
Hitachi was the first to market with its 7,200rpm 2TB hard drive, but it no longer has this space to itself. Western Digital has released two new 2TB hard drives that sacrifice the power-saving technologies of their GreenPower counterparts in favour ...
With the introduction of the Six-Core AMD Opteron processor with Chipset platform, AMD is taking a step in its strategy to provide customers with server platforms, it said. These address the requirements of datacenter workloads, the vendor added. The...
Astone's ISO GEAR 290 is a 2.5in 500GB external hard drive that allows you to easily transfer and backup data from your notebook or desktop computer. Additionally, its enclosure is easy to open, so you can swap out the hard drive with one of your o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW