Seagate calls its BlackArmor WS 110 a direct-attached storage (DAS) device, but in most respects it's a fairly standard external hard drive. Aimed at businesses looking to back up individual computers, the BlackArmor WS 110 provides AES 256-bit hardw...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
Synology's DiskStation DS209+II network-attached storage (NAS) device provides up to 4TB of storage over two hard drives. The lack of hot-swapping and volume encryption features are disappointing, but fast file transfers and easy-to-use media streami...
LaCie's latest portable hard drive, the Rikiki, isn't named after the monkey from <i>The Lion King</i>. According to the company, Rikiki means "tiny" in French, and the name is certainly appropriate.
It's a solid-feeling metal tube with either 32GB or 64GB capacity, and this new Corsair Survivor GT USB flash drive adds a welcome boost in transfer speeds.
QNAP's TS-210 Turbo network-attached storage device looks a little basic when you compare it to beefier two-bay NAS devices like the TS-239 Pro Turbo. However, it still fits two hard drives, provides up to 4TB of storage and even retains the ability ...
Though older than the ReadyNAS NVX, there is still plenty to like about Netgear's ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device. It has a potential storage capacity of 12TB and Netgear even bundles hard drives with some configur...
The Thecus N7700 network-attached storage doesn’t come with any hard drives but offers seven 3.5in drive bays for a total potential storage capacity of 14 terabytes. It’s quite cheap too and boasts fast file transfer speeds, though it won’t match the...
The capacity of external USB hard drives is going up all the time. Unfortunately, most only offer a USB 2.0 connection, which limits how quickly you can get your data onto or off the drive.
The Stora MS2110 is Netgear's simplest network-attached storage (NAS) device yet.
Western Digital's refreshed My Book Elite 2TB external hard drive offers intuitive backup options, 256-bit AES hardware encryption, and an e-ink capacity indicator. However, there are faster USB 2.0-based external hard drives that have passed through...
It has been more than a year-and-a-half since I last reviewed an IronKey secure USB flash drive, so when the company sent one my way with a few new features I jumped at the chance to see if there had been any major improvements over the last version ...
Iomega has forsaken the metal hipflask idea for a more plastic-like design with its latest eGo external hard drive. Like the original eGo, Iomega makes a few different options available, not just in capacity but colour too.
Time was, if you needed a server for anything from a small business to a college, or an enterprise-level corporation, you were looking at a complex computer system, negotiated through a command-line interface.
If you need 2TB of storage but don't want to sacrifice performance, Western Digital's Caviar Black (WD2001FASS) might be for you.
LaCie's LaCinema Rugged HD is a hard drive that attaches to your PC's USB port, and it's a multimedia player that outputs the video, music, and images that you copy onto it to your TV via HDMI or composite/analog outputs. It's price (US$349) is above...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW