With an integrated Wi-Fi hot spot and the Plex media server, this drive lets you take all your shows (and all your tunes) on the road.
Servers & Storage
It can't best an MLC NAND drive, but the 750GB Limited Edition MX300 suffers fewer slowdowns when writing large amounts of data versus other TLC drives. It's all about cache size, baby!
It’s hard to imagine people being unimpressed by a card the size of a Corn Flak storing 200GB of data. But it’s even more impressive when it comes offering transfer speeds of 95MB/s.
The industry's latest consumer M.2 PCIe-NVMe drive offers excellent performance, and is relatively affordable.
While Seagate is lagging behind the world in SSDs it is stretching the imagination when it comes to building mechanical hard disks for different functions. In addition to the regular 3.5-inch desktop drives and 2.5-inch ‘laptop’ drives there are now...
It’s no longer fair to classify NAS devices as mere ‘Network Attached Storage’ as nowadays they operate more like full-blown servers that can handle everything from cloud based-storage to 4K video transcoding.
The Extreme 900 is one of the first devices to take advantage of USB 3.1 faster speeds, and it's delightfully fast.
Though it downscales them to 1080p, you can stream 2160p videos with Synology's lastest NAS boxes and operating system
Samsung's Portable SSD T3 packs a lot of capacity into a svelte package that also delivers near internal SSD speeds and a USB Type-C connector.
If you're looking for an M.2 upgrade, this is the drive to have.
Qnap’s TVS-471 is the type of network attached storage (NAS) device that you could sit down and play with for days. It has functions that make it suitable for serious business, home storage, and entertainment tasks. It can be the centre of your life ...
If you’ve ever wanted a flash drive that can be used on both Android and iOS devices, the PhotoFast iFlash Evo Plus is for you. It’s a 16-128GB stick (we’re looking at the 16GB here) that contains not only full-sized USB 3.0, but also micro-USB and L...
We’ve seen wireless drives from the likes of Seagate and Western Digital before, both of which allow you to connect mobile devices so that you can access more content than you would otherwise be able to while on the road. This little Qnap QGenie that...
The accessibility of locally stored files over the Internet can be of great convenience to many small business users, but the task of doing so without using a third-party service such as Dropbox isn’t always straightforward unless you have some netwo...
Highly mobile external storage devices with great capacities are usually in the form of 2.5in hard drives. They are chunky, usually ugly, and mostly slow. Samsung’s Portable SSD T1 aims to change all that. It’s a solid state drive that’s available in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW