Online backup service provider Carbonite is suing storage vendor Promise Technology, saying repeated failures of Promise gear have caused "significant data loss" at Carbonite.
Servers & Storage
Sydney-based video technology company Vquence has launched a social video metrics product dubbed VQmetrics aimed at making sense of social video marketing.
Cloud-computing provider 3Tera announced this week that beginning in April, its Virtual Private Datacenter service will offer a 99.999 percent SLA (service-level agreement).
With industry giants IBM and Sun Microsystems reportedly in merger talks, techies the world over rushed to their keyboards and mobile devices to Twitter about the possibilities.
IBM is in talks to buy Sun Microsystems for as much as US$6.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched a new line of Integrity NonStop servers that the company says offers improved performance over its other entry-level servers that require high uptime.
Fusion-io Friday announced what it is calling the fastest server-based solid state drive on the market today, with double the slot capacity if its older PCI Express-based ioDrive.
Amazon has a new competitor in the cloud computing arena, with Rackspace debuting pay-as-you-go server instances and an online storage service.
Amazon Web Services Thursday for the first time began giving customers in the U.S. the ability to reserve capacity in advance on its Elastic Compute Cloud infrastructure.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Seagate Technology Thursday said it has dropped its lawsuit and all claims alleging STEC misappropriated its hard disk drive (HDD) technology as it related to the development of solid state disk (SSD) drives.
Symantec will begin offering an online storage service targeted at consumers by the end of next month.
SanDisk Tuesday announced that it will begin mass production of the first high-performance X3 and X4 flash memory, using 32- and 43-nanometer lithography process technology, respectively. The denser flash technology will enable up to 64Gbit of memory...
Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW