Corsair Memory Inc. Tuesday introduced a USB flash drive adapter that it said creates a push-button file backup for computers when any flash drive is plugged into it.
Servers & Storage - News
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
The much-discussed "Open Cloud Manifesto," signed by dozens of vendors in support of cloud-computing interoperability, was officially released on Monday following several days of discussion in the tech media and the blogosphere last week.
Sun Microsystems is laying off about 1,500 employees this week in a follow-up to a restructuring plan announced a few months ago, the company confirmed Monday.
The world's top server vendors on Monday updated their product lines, launching new servers to coincide with the release of Intel's next-generation Xeon processors.
Solid-state drives based on flash memory are turning up in products from seemingly every hardware vendor these days, signaling that the technology may be inching closer to mass adoption.
IT shops are turning to the cloud even faster than expected, at least according to Gartner, and other firms had already predicted hearty adoption throughout the next few years.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Dell has released fourteen new products in a significant refresh of its enterprise server, workstation and storage systems portfolio.
VMware will expand in China as it moves to meet rising demand for desktop and data center virtualization in the country, a company executive said in an interview Wednesday.
Questions around security, vendor openness and cost continue to hold back cloud computing adoption in Australia, according to analyst firm IDC.
Dell is set to update on Wednesday the virtualized storage line it acquired in its purchase of EqualLogic last year, now aiming at the needs of larger enterprises.
Dell plans to announce in the next few days new servers and services offerings, the company's chief executive said Tuesday.
Microsoft has no plans to let businesses license and host its Windows Azure cloud-computing infrastructure on their own premises, the company said this week.
Hosting company The Planet has teamed up with Nirvanix to bundle widely available cloud storage with high-speed hosted capacity.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity LeadNSW