The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) has formed the Cloud Storage Technical Work Group, which will develop standards, interfaces and best practices for storing data in the cloud, it announced on Tuesday.
Servers & Storage
Deploying a private cloud network is a good way for enterprises to ease into cloud computing before deploying applications on the infrastructures of companies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft, IT professionals said at a conference in N...
An Apple online store is set to take preorders of new Xserve servers carrying Intel's new Xeon chips, hinting at launch of the devices in the near future.
An industry analyst forecast has Linux shipments slipping a bit more percentage-wise than Microsoft's Windows Server, but Microsoft is feeling the pain of the economy, too, said an analyst who worked on the report.
Merger talks between IBM and Sun Microsystems were said to have broken down on Sunday, with the two companies unable to agree on the terms of a deal.
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday announced the 10th member of its Windows Server 2008 family with a new version of the server operating system aimed at companies with fewer than 15 employees.
As expected, Microsoft Wednesday introduced a version of its Windows Server OS for small businesses with 15 users or less, filling in what the company sees as a gap in its server offerings.
Corsair Memory Inc. Tuesday introduced a USB flash drive adapter that it said creates a push-button file backup for computers when any flash drive is plugged into it.
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
The much-discussed "Open Cloud Manifesto," signed by dozens of vendors in support of cloud-computing interoperability, was officially released on Monday following several days of discussion in the tech media and the blogosphere last week.
Sun Microsystems is laying off about 1,500 employees this week in a follow-up to a restructuring plan announced a few months ago, the company confirmed Monday.
The world's top server vendors on Monday updated their product lines, launching new servers to coincide with the release of Intel's next-generation Xeon processors.
Solid-state drives based on flash memory are turning up in products from seemingly every hardware vendor these days, signaling that the technology may be inching closer to mass adoption.
IT shops are turning to the cloud even faster than expected, at least according to Gartner, and other firms had already predicted hearty adoption throughout the next few years.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar launches new USB JumpDrives
- Seagate breaks through the 1TB-per-platter barrier for laptop drives
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCChange LeadNSW