Seagate Corp. Tuesday announced a new family of lower-power 3.5-in desktop hard-disk drives the company said have the highest performance and best power efficiency in their class.
Servers & Storage - News
Sun Microsystems on Tuesday unveiled an early look at MySQL 5.4, the next version of its open-source database, one day after Oracle said it is buying Sun for $US7.4 billion.
Startup Tap In Systems is launching its Cloud Management Service, a platform that will be used to monitor cloud-based applications, at the Under the Radar conference, it said on Tuesday.
VMware launched an upgrade to its core software platform on Tuesday with the message that virtualization is ready to run any class of enterprise application, no matter how large.
Oracle may end up merging the best of OpenSolaris with Linux once it takes control of Sun Microsystems, but it is unlikely to kill off Sun's widely used Solaris OS, analysts said.
Oracle has signed a deal to purchase Sun Microsystems for US$7.4 billion, plunging the enterprise software vendor into the hardware market and making Sun the latest company to be subsumed by the Silicon Valley giant.
Chinese online game firm NetEase.com will buy all-new servers to start operating World of Warcraft in China this year, potentially leaving masses of unused computing clusters in the hands of the current Chinese operator.
Will Blu-ray finally get some respect? The high-definition optical disc format has long been the whipping boy of media pundits, many of whom predict consumers will spurn Blu-ray and gravitate instead toward video-on-demand, online download, and movie...
According to a new report on data breaches from Verizon Business, cyber criminals are no longer attacking where the credit card files are, but where they once were.
Samsung Electronics on Thursday said it is boosting security on solid-state drives by bundling data encryption software with SSDs it ships.
If you live in a part of the world that remains frozen all winter long here's a data storage tip: don't freeze your hard drive in an ice rink.
Amazon is now offering the "reserved instances" pricing plan for its Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to European customers, according to a post on the official Amazon Web Services blog.
EMC Corp. Tuesday unveiled a high-end Symmetrix storage array that is based on Intel Corp.'s x86 quad-core processors and integrates VMware's APIs to automate the provisioning of storage for virtual machines across multiple tiers of disk drives, from...
Intel Corp. has released a firmware upgrade for its consumer solid-state disk drive, the X25-M, which suffers from fragmentation issues resulting in performance degradation over time.
SandForce Inc. announced today a new family of solid-state disk (SSD) processors that the company claims will allow lower-cost, commodity NAND flash memory to be used in data center operations. The disks will also be faster and more reliable for use ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW