As expected, Microsoft Wednesday introduced a version of its Windows Server OS for small businesses with 15 users or less, filling in what the company sees as a gap in its server offerings.
Servers & Storage
Corsair Memory Inc. Tuesday introduced a USB flash drive adapter that it said creates a push-button file backup for computers when any flash drive is plugged into it.
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
The much-discussed "Open Cloud Manifesto," signed by dozens of vendors in support of cloud-computing interoperability, was officially released on Monday following several days of discussion in the tech media and the blogosphere last week.
Sun Microsystems is laying off about 1,500 employees this week in a follow-up to a restructuring plan announced a few months ago, the company confirmed Monday.
The world's top server vendors on Monday updated their product lines, launching new servers to coincide with the release of Intel's next-generation Xeon processors.
Solid-state drives based on flash memory are turning up in products from seemingly every hardware vendor these days, signaling that the technology may be inching closer to mass adoption.
IT shops are turning to the cloud even faster than expected, at least according to Gartner, and other firms had already predicted hearty adoption throughout the next few years.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Dell has released fourteen new products in a significant refresh of its enterprise server, workstation and storage systems portfolio.
VMware will expand in China as it moves to meet rising demand for desktop and data center virtualization in the country, a company executive said in an interview Wednesday.
Questions around security, vendor openness and cost continue to hold back cloud computing adoption in Australia, according to analyst firm IDC.
Dell is set to update on Wednesday the virtualized storage line it acquired in its purchase of EqualLogic last year, now aiming at the needs of larger enterprises.
Dell plans to announce in the next few days new servers and services offerings, the company's chief executive said Tuesday.
Microsoft has no plans to let businesses license and host its Windows Azure cloud-computing infrastructure on their own premises, the company said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk pushes MicroSD to 200GB
- Samsung jumps into external SSD market
- Steve Wozniak just wants to build things
- WD goes cable-free with My Passport Wireless
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW