Toshiba plans to begin shipping from the middle of this year flash memory chips that are more tightly packed than current models and will make possible even smaller gadgets.
Servers & Storage
Chinese manufacturers hope to sell hundreds of thousands of optical disc players for a locally developed next-generation disc format this year, a spokesman for an industry group promoting the format said Friday.
Western Digital Corp. Wednesday said that its TiVo-enabled My DVR Expander external hard drive is now available with a capacity of 1TB capacity. The external drive can store up to 600 hours of standard definition television or 140 hours of high-defin...
VMware reported a first-quarter profit on Wednesday, but said sales are being hit by the recession and it might report its first-ever drop in revenue next quarter.
Seagate Corp. Tuesday announced a new family of lower-power 3.5-in desktop hard-disk drives the company said have the highest performance and best power efficiency in their class.
Sun Microsystems on Tuesday unveiled an early look at MySQL 5.4, the next version of its open-source database, one day after Oracle said it is buying Sun for $US7.4 billion.
Startup Tap In Systems is launching its Cloud Management Service, a platform that will be used to monitor cloud-based applications, at the Under the Radar conference, it said on Tuesday.
VMware launched an upgrade to its core software platform on Tuesday with the message that virtualization is ready to run any class of enterprise application, no matter how large.
Oracle may end up merging the best of OpenSolaris with Linux once it takes control of Sun Microsystems, but it is unlikely to kill off Sun's widely used Solaris OS, analysts said.
Oracle has signed a deal to purchase Sun Microsystems for US$7.4 billion, plunging the enterprise software vendor into the hardware market and making Sun the latest company to be subsumed by the Silicon Valley giant.
Chinese online game firm NetEase.com will buy all-new servers to start operating World of Warcraft in China this year, potentially leaving masses of unused computing clusters in the hands of the current Chinese operator.
Will Blu-ray finally get some respect? The high-definition optical disc format has long been the whipping boy of media pundits, many of whom predict consumers will spurn Blu-ray and gravitate instead toward video-on-demand, online download, and movie...
According to a new report on data breaches from Verizon Business, cyber criminals are no longer attacking where the credit card files are, but where they once were.
Samsung Electronics on Thursday said it is boosting security on solid-state drives by bundling data encryption software with SSDs it ships.
If you live in a part of the world that remains frozen all winter long here's a data storage tip: don't freeze your hard drive in an ice rink.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW