U.K. archiving software vendor Clearpace is launching a virtual appliance version of its data compression product NParchive, it said on Wednesday.
Servers & Storage - News
Amazon is inviting students, educators and researchers to apply for grants that will give them free access to the company's hosted computing services.
Microsoft Tuesday opened its annual management confab saying it would ship the next version of Operations Manager by the end of June and laying out its efforts to manage data centers and virtualized environments.
Hitachi Data Systems Tuesday announced the release of three new software products to provide enhanced monitoring of business applications, virtualized servers and the storage they use.
Sun Microsystems reported a sharp drop in revenue for its third fiscal quarter, as the company battled uncertainty about its future along with the global recession.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
GE Global Research, the technology development arm of the General Electric Co. said Monday it has made a breakthrough in holographic optical disc storage, saying its researchers have developed material that can support as much as 500GB of capacity on...
Texas Memory Systems has added a less expensive, faster and smaller form-factor flash storage array to its line of solid-state products.
Who could possibly unseat the best Jeopardy! players in the history of the game show, Alex?
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. last week said it will release a six-core Opteron processor in June, five months ahead of schedule. And it detailed plans to add chips supporting up to 12 cores next year and 16 in 2011.
General Electric Global Research says it has figured out a way to put up to 500GB of data on a regular-sized DVD disc under laboratory conditions. GE says its breakthrough was achieved by writing 3-dimensional patterns that represent data onto a disc...
Toshiba plans to begin shipping from the middle of this year flash memory chips that are more tightly packed than current models and will make possible even smaller gadgets.
Chinese manufacturers hope to sell hundreds of thousands of optical disc players for a locally developed next-generation disc format this year, a spokesman for an industry group promoting the format said Friday.
Western Digital Corp. Wednesday said that its TiVo-enabled My DVR Expander external hard drive is now available with a capacity of 1TB capacity. The external drive can store up to 600 hours of standard definition television or 140 hours of high-defin...
VMware reported a first-quarter profit on Wednesday, but said sales are being hit by the recession and it might report its first-ever drop in revenue next quarter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC