OCZ Technology today released a new enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD), the Deneva 2, which comes with SandForce's latest controller technology, almost doubling the performance over its last iteration of the drive.
Servers & Storage
There's "the cloud" and then there's Windows Azure.
Tilera on Tuesday announced a new general-purpose CPU with 100 processing cores, which the company hopes will provide headway into a server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
Oracle refused to provide critical bug fixes for customers who run its software on Hewlett-Packard's Integrity servers, in a bid to coerce them to switch over to Oracle hardware, HP alleged in a lawsuit it filed Wednesday.
Apple today took administrative control of the iCloud.com domain less than a week before CEO Steve Jobs is to unveil his company's new cloud-based service.
The Seagate GoFlex Satellite hard drive takes the shackles off your tablet, freeing it to connect to a greater amount of storage capacity -- without having to go through any pesky wires. But although the hardware implementation is adequate, the softw...
Dell on Monday announced a four-socket blade server with up to 48 processor cores for deployment in virtualized environments.
Startup chip design company Adapteva on Tuesday announced the multicore Epiphany processor, which is designed to accelerate applications in servers and low-power devices such as smartphones and tablets.
References to what may be a code name for Apple's rumored iCloud service are reported found in the latest developer preview of Mac OS X Lion by the French blog Consomac.
Sony plans to resume production of Blu-ray and other optical discs at a tsunami-hit factory in northern Japan in late May, it said Thursday.
A new interconnect technology being developed by Intel could be ready for use by 2015 and will be able to shuttle data between computers at up to five times the speed of its recently launched Thunderbolt technology, an Intel researcher said on Wednes...
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
Google will allow companies to sign up users for its paid <a href="http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html">Apps for Business</a> hosted collaboration and communication suite on a month-to-month basis, without having to commit them to ...
The outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service has shone a light on the number of Websites that use the service, which allows companies to hire computing power inexpensively on Amazon's systems.
As you may recall, Amazon recently unveiled its new Cloud Drive service, which provides 5GB of free online storage. (Elsewhere I explained how you could bump your limit to 20GB for under a buck.) The only downside? To access it, you have to use Amazo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC