People expecting Solid State Drives (SSDs) to become more popular may have longer to wait, according to a new report from Objective Analysis.
Servers & Storage
IBM is rolling out a subscription service that aims to make it easier for large companies to use desktop virtualization, a technology that has been slow to take off but which some say has big potential.
EMC will resell virtualization management software from VMware alongside its own Ionix management platform in an expanded partnership aimed at helping enterprises build private clouds.
EMC has acquired FastScale Technology, a vendor of software for data centers, in an effort to focus on supporting private cloud infrastructures, the company announced Monday.
A hacker has posted code that could be used to take over a system running Microsoft IIS (Internet Information Services) server.
OpSource on Friday announced a new cloud computing infrastructure service that it says meets the security and management needs of enterprises more effectively than rival offerings.
Swedish outfit BlockMaster has launched what it claims to be the world's fastest secure USB stick, curing, it says, the problematic trade-off between security and performance.
One of the early promises of software-as-a-service and cloud computing was that it would allow startups to directly market their Web services while skipping the expensive, lengthy process of creating an ecosystem of partners and resellers.
Pillar Data Systems on Thursday introduced what it called the first 2TB SATA hard drive for enterprise storage, which would usher in the next phase of data-center storage density.
Amazon Web Services has announced a limited beta version of its Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) service, which aims to connect a company's existing computing resources and Amazon's cloud as if they were part of one data center, Amazon said on Wednesday.
Despite a rapid rise in the sale of consumer Blu-ray Disc players due to a drop in prices and an increase in high-definition movie content, Blu-ray players in PCs are not seeing any significant increase in sales, according to iSuppli Corp.
EMC Corp. today introduced new virtualization-aware capabilities for its Clariion CX4 midrange networked storage systems, which make CX4 software and disaster recovery applications aware of connected virtual machines.
IBM today announced that its latest midrange storage array, the IBM System Storage DS5020 Express, will be available on Sept. 4.
NetApp Inc. has unveiled products and services that support cloud computing architectures used in the data centers of its enterprise-class customers.
Appirio, a company known for helping companies adopt cloud-based software, is launching a SaaS (software as a service) application for large services providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar launches new USB JumpDrives
- Seagate breaks through the 1TB-per-platter barrier for laptop drives
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW