IBM aims to expand the life span of humans by developing a chip that could make personalized medicine affordable and quick, a company researcher said on Tuesday.
Servers & Storage
The U.S. Defense Department is offering cloud computing services that military officials claim are safer and more reliable than commercial providers such as Google.
Citrix on Monday said its latest desktop virtualization software will give users access to high-definition desktops from any location and from just about any device, including PCs, Macs, thin clients, laptops, netbooks and smartphones.
Former Microsoft open-source chief Sam Ramji has joined cloud-computing startup Sonoa Systems, taking over product strategy and business development at the Santa Clara, California-based company.
Forget the netbook or the net-top PC: How about a net-server?
Small to medium businesses (SMBs) are risking the loss of valuable corporate data because they are failing to take enough steps to secure their data and are not backing it up.
Unisys is introducing a new service on Wednesday that will allow its customers to better manage, secure and support mobile devices carried around by employees, company executives said on Tuesday.
Nvidia showed off a new GPU architecture on Wednesday that it hopes will allow it to move beyond gaming to play a greater role in the supercomputing market.
Hewlett-Packard will make some significant updates to its Integrity server line next year to coincide with the launch of Intel's first quad-core Itanium processor, known as Tukwila, an HP executive said.
It’s been a busy few days for the whole idea of networked hard drives that provide direct Internet connections so you can get to them from everywhere. Last week, Seagate introduced DockStar, a $99 add-on for its FreeAgent Go drives that provides brow...
I’m still in the audience at the DEMOFall conference, and still taking in demonstrations of new products and services. One of the cooler ideas this morning is Symform, a small-business remote-backup service. Technically, it’s utterly unlike services ...
Cisco this week unveiled a blade addition to its Nexus line of data center switches that’s designed to aggregate multiple physical x86 blade servers from various vendors into a 10G Ethernet fabric.
Seagate has extended its Barracuda line of desktop storage drives with the introduction of its Barracuda XT product.
After 8 years of success the USB 2.0 standard has begun its long journey into obsolescence. Dutch storage company Freecom has announced the first mainstream storage product based on 'SuperSpeed' USB 3.0.
Solid-state storage earned a hot technology's badge of honor -- a backlash -- on Wednesday at the Diskcon conference in Santa Clara, California.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT