Oracle has provided new details about its plans for certain key Sun Microsystems technologies, including the GlassFish application server and the NetBeans application development toolkit.
Servers & Storage - News
Los Angeles City Council approved a US$7.25 million five-year deal Tuesday in which the city will adopt Gmail and other Google Apps.
Intel has pulled a firmware upgrade it released on Monday for its X25-M consumer solid-state drives as users complained that the software caused crashes.
A number of influential members of the open-source community are raising their voices about Oracle Corp.'s pending takeover of the open source MySQL database. Surprisingly, many are not opposing the shift in MySQL ownership that would come with the c...
A new survey of data center users predicts a sharp drop in mainframe usage, though some industry analysts say the results seem unlikely.
VMware has added support for Windows 7 and expanded the ability to handle virtual processors in Workstation 7, the new version of its platform for running multiple OSes simultaneously on a PC.
Asustek Computer unveiled its first supercomputer on Monday, the desktop computer-sized ESC 1000, which uses Nvidia graphics processors to attain speeds up to 1.1 teraflops.
The U.S. Department of Justice has requested information from Sony regarding its optical disc drive business in what could be the start of an investigation into the industry.
Competition between VMware and Microsoft got a little tighter on Thursday with the release of Windows Server 2008 R2, which includes a major update to Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization software.
A Georgia company has filed suit in federal court against Salesforce.com, saying the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor's use of the phrase "Service Cloud" violates its trademark.
Active Media Products announced Tuesday its new Predator-X7 line of 2.5-inch solid-state drives.
The release of Microsoft's Windows 7 should increase adoption of desktop virtualization technology, but won't necessarily cause a massive shift from physical to virtual desktops, a VMware executive said this week.
VMware's third-quarter profit dropped by more than half as the company invested more heavily in research and development, though its revenue increased 4 percent from a year earlier, the company said Wednesday.
A cloud storage provider that designed its system from the ground up to meet enterprise needs is ready to offer its service to the world.
By the time lost Sidekick data reappears, will anybody care? Of course, but the longer it takes Microsoft to restore data lost Oct. 5 in a massive server crash, the less the data is worth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW