A cloud storage provider that designed its system from the ground up to meet enterprise needs is ready to offer its service to the world.
Servers & Storage
By the time lost Sidekick data reappears, will anybody care? Of course, but the longer it takes Microsoft to restore data lost Oct. 5 in a massive server crash, the less the data is worth.
Citrix Systems has added more licensing options and editions to its upcoming desktop virtualization platform XenDesktop 4, including the option to pay by the number of devices used, it said on Tuesday.
Among the retooling of the more prominent iMac and MacBook lines earlier Tuesday, Apple quietly introduced its first small-scale server, a $US999 box based on the Mac mini that one analyst called the only significant announcement of today.
Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
How fast is the shift to server virtualization happening? According to Gartner, 18% of server workloads this year run on virtualized servers; that share will grow to 28% next year and reach almost half by 2012.
Millions of servers around the world are doing little more than wasting energy, according to a new study.
Oracle should resolve antitrust concerns over its acquisition of Sun Microsystems by selling open-source database MySQL to a suitable third party, its cofounder and creator Michael "Monty" Widenius said in a blog post on Monday.
It seems every hard-drive manufacturer wants in on the USB 3.0 race. Digital product manufacturer Dane-Elec have announced a new line of external hard-drives that support the new faster USB 3.0 standard, claiming they will be the first company to rel...
Micron Corp. today introduced what it claims to be the industry's highest endurance, highest capacity multi-level cell (MLC) and single-level cell (SLC) NAND flash memory.
IBM disclosed the plans at a time when server sales among all vendors have taken a bruising during the economic downturn, and IBM is no exception. In a third quarter earnings call yesterday, said Mark Loughridge, IBM's chief financial officer, said t...
Cloud storage platforms need to mature before they are enterprise-ready, particularly for customers in highly regulated industries, IT professionals attending Storage Networking World in Phoenix, Ariz. this week said.
Ncomputing is launching a device that can be used to add a virtual client to a host PC via a USB connection.
The rise of flash memory in the enterprise data center will help eliminate a fundamental imbalance between the performance of servers and storage, Sun storage chief John Fowler told attendees at Storage Networking World.
IBM will add support for SSDs to version 5.0 of its SAN Volume Controller and is promising a big boost in performance with or without flash storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
- Samsung begins shipping redonkulous 15.36TB SSD
- Seagate releases the first 2TB ultra-slim HDD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA