A number of influential members of the open-source community are raising their voices about Oracle Corp.'s pending takeover of the open source MySQL database. Surprisingly, many are not opposing the shift in MySQL ownership that would come with the c...
Servers & Storage
A new survey of data center users predicts a sharp drop in mainframe usage, though some industry analysts say the results seem unlikely.
VMware has added support for Windows 7 and expanded the ability to handle virtual processors in Workstation 7, the new version of its platform for running multiple OSes simultaneously on a PC.
Asustek Computer unveiled its first supercomputer on Monday, the desktop computer-sized ESC 1000, which uses Nvidia graphics processors to attain speeds up to 1.1 teraflops.
The U.S. Department of Justice has requested information from Sony regarding its optical disc drive business in what could be the start of an investigation into the industry.
Competition between VMware and Microsoft got a little tighter on Thursday with the release of Windows Server 2008 R2, which includes a major update to Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization software.
A Georgia company has filed suit in federal court against Salesforce.com, saying the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor's use of the phrase "Service Cloud" violates its trademark.
Active Media Products announced Tuesday its new Predator-X7 line of 2.5-inch solid-state drives.
The release of Microsoft's Windows 7 should increase adoption of desktop virtualization technology, but won't necessarily cause a massive shift from physical to virtual desktops, a VMware executive said this week.
VMware's third-quarter profit dropped by more than half as the company invested more heavily in research and development, though its revenue increased 4 percent from a year earlier, the company said Wednesday.
A cloud storage provider that designed its system from the ground up to meet enterprise needs is ready to offer its service to the world.
By the time lost Sidekick data reappears, will anybody care? Of course, but the longer it takes Microsoft to restore data lost Oct. 5 in a massive server crash, the less the data is worth.
Citrix Systems has added more licensing options and editions to its upcoming desktop virtualization platform XenDesktop 4, including the option to pay by the number of devices used, it said on Tuesday.
Among the retooling of the more prominent iMac and MacBook lines earlier Tuesday, Apple quietly introduced its first small-scale server, a $US999 box based on the Mac mini that one analyst called the only significant announcement of today.
Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW