Aster Data Systems on Monday is introducing version 4.0 of its MPP (massively parallel processing) analytic database that allows customers to move application logic into the database system.
Servers & Storage
Unisys announced Monday software and services that will enable organizations to deploy and run their own internal private clouds, as part of its strategy to offer customers a variety of cloud computing options.
VMware Inc. is having trouble getting VMware Fusion 3.0 out its download door and is getting customer complaints about timeouts and licensing problems.
Oracle has provided new details about its plans for certain key Sun Microsystems technologies, including the GlassFish application server and the NetBeans application development toolkit.
Los Angeles City Council approved a US$7.25 million five-year deal Tuesday in which the city will adopt Gmail and other Google Apps.
Intel has pulled a firmware upgrade it released on Monday for its X25-M consumer solid-state drives as users complained that the software caused crashes.
A number of influential members of the open-source community are raising their voices about Oracle Corp.'s pending takeover of the open source MySQL database. Surprisingly, many are not opposing the shift in MySQL ownership that would come with the c...
A new survey of data center users predicts a sharp drop in mainframe usage, though some industry analysts say the results seem unlikely.
VMware has added support for Windows 7 and expanded the ability to handle virtual processors in Workstation 7, the new version of its platform for running multiple OSes simultaneously on a PC.
Asustek Computer unveiled its first supercomputer on Monday, the desktop computer-sized ESC 1000, which uses Nvidia graphics processors to attain speeds up to 1.1 teraflops.
The U.S. Department of Justice has requested information from Sony regarding its optical disc drive business in what could be the start of an investigation into the industry.
Competition between VMware and Microsoft got a little tighter on Thursday with the release of Windows Server 2008 R2, which includes a major update to Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization software.
A Georgia company has filed suit in federal court against Salesforce.com, saying the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor's use of the phrase "Service Cloud" violates its trademark.
Active Media Products announced Tuesday its new Predator-X7 line of 2.5-inch solid-state drives.
The release of Microsoft's Windows 7 should increase adoption of desktop virtualization technology, but won't necessarily cause a massive shift from physical to virtual desktops, a VMware executive said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
- Samsung begins shipping redonkulous 15.36TB SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC