Amazon Web Services will expand its footprint to Asia-Pacific during the first half of 2010, the cloud-computing infrastructure vendor said Thursday.
Servers & Storage
The $1.25 billion Intel/AMD settlement announced Thursday could improve competition in the server hardware market and solve some lingering problems related to server virtualization, analysts say.
If you really, really need to make sure those precious photos of yours last virtually forever - or at least longer than the average two- to five-year lifespan of consumer-grade DVDs, then start-up Cranberry LLC has the answer for you: a DVD that lite...
The European Space Agency plans to launch a new scanning satellite to map the stars in our galaxy in more precise form than ever before, and researchers supporting the project, called Gaia, are evaluating whether Amazon's cloud computing service can ...
Flash storage vendor OCZ Technology Group Inc. this week announced that it plans to use controllers from SandForce Inc. in its next generation of consumer and enterprise-class solid state drives (SSDs).
Intel Corp. will release a $120 solid-state disk (SSD) drive positioned as a server "boot drive" with only 40GB of capacity, but the drive could also be used in low-end laptops PCs and netbooks.
The European Commission has issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Sun said in a regulatory filing Monday.
When Microsoft releases the next version of its productivity suite, Office 2010, it will be into a very different competitive landscape than the one Office 2007 faced in late 2006.
There aren't that many organisations which would consider consolidating 60 servers holding the most critical customer-facing applications down to one mainframe in the space of a weekend.
Much of the talk about cloud computing in data centers has been about enterprise workloads, but high-performance computing (HPC) customers are getting some options as well.
Microsoft celebrated its 20th year in Taiwan by agreeing to open a joint cloud computing center with the island's economics ministry.
Oracle is planning an aggressive fight with European regulators if its attempt to take over Sun is slapped with a statement of objections in the coming week, said people close to the company Wednesday.
Microsoft said it will make a preview of SQL Server 2008 R2 available this month that is features complete, including new business intelligence integration tools and master data management features.
Cisco and EMC this week unveiled their anticipated collaboration, which will provide integrated products and services for customers building private cloud computing infrastructures.
Tape is making its way back to the enterprise after a few years in the wilderness claimed an Overland Storage executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia