Enterprise data needs will grow a staggering 650% over the next five years, and that's just one of numerous challenges IT leaders have to start preparing for today, analysts said as the annual Gartner Data Center Conference kicked off in Las Vegas Tu...
Servers & Storage
Companies running applications on Amazon Web Services can now monitor their environments using IBM’s Tivoli Monitoring software.
WSO2 will launch on Monday WSO2 Cloud Platform, for extending SOA into cloud computing.
Helsinki public energy company Helsingin Energia will recycle heat from a new data center to help generate energy and deliver hot water for the Finnish capital city, it said on Monday.
Japanese computer peripheral maker Buffalo revealed Thursday a new Blu-ray burner, capable of reaching impressive 12x write speeds when used with USB 3.0.
Data-warehousing software systems are expensive, but many enterprises have nonetheless been willing to dig deep, betting that analytics will provide new insights into their business and a competitive advantage.
Fifty-nine U.S. senators have asked European antitrust regulators to speed up their investigation into Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, due to Sun's "deteriorating financial condition."
I've worked with various versions of Apple's Mac OS X Server for nearly a decade now. Each new release has brought major advances to the company's server software in terms of overall features, performance and ease of administration. The most recent i...
In spite of rumors that the first USB 3.0 products wouldn't surface until the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Buffalo Technology has beaten all comers to the punch by announcing today it was shipping its new DriveStation HD-HXU3 SuperSpe...
IBM's claim that it has designed the first brain simulation to exceed the scale of a cat's cortex is being dismissed as "a hoax and a PR stunt" by a rival scientist.
In June, Iceland-based CCP Games brought the hammer down on a group of resource hogs that were clogging its data center.
Data Robotics today released its first iSCSI SAN storage array that, like its other low-end arrays, manages itself and allows any capacity or brand of disk drive to be mixed, matched and exchanged without any downtime.
Cloud computing users face problems including loss of control over data, difficulties proving compliance, and additional legal risks as data moves from one legal jurisdiction to another, according to a assessement of cloud computing risks from the Eu...
Oracle and Sun Microsystems have been granted an extra week to defend their planned US$7 billion merger in front of European regulators, the European Commission said Friday.
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Vice President Al Gore today told an audience of scientists, programmers and system builders at the SC09 conference here that their work is essential in the effort to avoid global catastrophe caused by climate change.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW