Microsoft has created a new division designed to bring its cloud and on-premises software development together and provide a consistent platform for corporate customers.
Servers & Storage
SAP is hoping to build a platform of third-party SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications to complement its own emerging wave of offerings.
A group of companies is starting up an Enterprise Cloud Buyers Council in hopes of removing barriers to enterprise use of hosted cloud computing.
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
Seagate Technology. the world's largest hard-disk drive maker, is planning to launch a new drive that's 25 percent thinner than current models. The 7-millimeter high drive will allow laptop PC makers to further reduce the thickness of their computers...
Seagate Technology LLC today announced its first solid-state disk drive and said the product is aimed at the booming general server and blade server marketplace.
Symantec Corp. today announced several enhancements to its storage management suite, its cluster file and cluster server system, including the ability to recognize solid state drives used in tiered storage as well as integration with Hyper-V.
The definition of "private cloud" tends to vary from source to source, but at First American Corp. in Santa Ana, Calif., which is building a private cloud, the benefits are crystal clear: the project will eliminate busy work for IT professionals whil...
Silicon Valley's garages have a long history as incubators of technology.
Usage of the open-source MySQL database is set to decline if Oracle succeeds in buying the software's owner, Sun Microsystems, according to new data released by analyst firm The 451 Group on Friday.
Micron Technology Inc. announced today a new solid-state drive (SSD) that it described as the industry's fastest for notebook and desktop PCs with about 50% better data transfer speeds compared with today's best consumer-grade flash drives.
While total 2009 server sales still remain below last year's totals, IDC's quarterly tracker report released today indicates that worldwide demand for the systems among enterprise customers may finally be increasing.
Locust Storage came out of stealth last week with the announcement of a 'green' storage product that allows a 90 per cent reduction in power over traditional storage vendors.
Enterprise data needs will grow a staggering 650% over the next five years, and that's just one of numerous challenges IT leaders have to start preparing for today, analysts said as the annual Gartner Data Center Conference kicked off in Las Vegas Tu...
Companies running applications on Amazon Web Services can now monitor their environments using IBM’s Tivoli Monitoring software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia