Dell added 10-Gigabit Ethernet to its EqualLogic storage line and introduced infrastructure management software in a set of product announcements Thursday to round out its data-center offerings.
Servers & Storage
Security researchers have spotted the Zeus botnet running an unauthorized command and control center on Amazon's EC2 cloud computing infrastructure.
Microsoft has created a new division designed to bring its cloud and on-premises software development together and provide a consistent platform for corporate customers.
SAP is hoping to build a platform of third-party SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications to complement its own emerging wave of offerings.
A group of companies is starting up an Enterprise Cloud Buyers Council in hopes of removing barriers to enterprise use of hosted cloud computing.
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
Seagate Technology. the world's largest hard-disk drive maker, is planning to launch a new drive that's 25 percent thinner than current models. The 7-millimeter high drive will allow laptop PC makers to further reduce the thickness of their computers...
Seagate Technology LLC today announced its first solid-state disk drive and said the product is aimed at the booming general server and blade server marketplace.
Symantec Corp. today announced several enhancements to its storage management suite, its cluster file and cluster server system, including the ability to recognize solid state drives used in tiered storage as well as integration with Hyper-V.
The definition of "private cloud" tends to vary from source to source, but at First American Corp. in Santa Ana, Calif., which is building a private cloud, the benefits are crystal clear: the project will eliminate busy work for IT professionals whil...
Silicon Valley's garages have a long history as incubators of technology.
Usage of the open-source MySQL database is set to decline if Oracle succeeds in buying the software's owner, Sun Microsystems, according to new data released by analyst firm The 451 Group on Friday.
Micron Technology Inc. announced today a new solid-state drive (SSD) that it described as the industry's fastest for notebook and desktop PCs with about 50% better data transfer speeds compared with today's best consumer-grade flash drives.
While total 2009 server sales still remain below last year's totals, IDC's quarterly tracker report released today indicates that worldwide demand for the systems among enterprise customers may finally be increasing.
Locust Storage came out of stealth last week with the announcement of a 'green' storage product that allows a 90 per cent reduction in power over traditional storage vendors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW