Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
Servers & Storage
Cisco Systems' UCS data-center architecture provides the backbone of a service from Taser International that collects and stores video from police cameras.
Google Apps, Zoho and other online collaboration players got a fresh dose of competition Tuesday, as HyperOffice announced that a major overhaul of its online collaboration suite is now in private beta.
Citrix has developed disaster recovery software that uses Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technology to help automate and speed the recovery process.
IBM has been disparaging products made by a smaller rival in order to protect its lucrative mainframe business, according to a lawsuit filed on Monday.
Toshiba has announced a new 64GB flash memory module, which the company claims is the highest-capacity flash module in the industry. The new 64GB NAND flash module is just 30 micrometers thin, packs a dedicated controller, and contains sixteen 32Gbit...
Western Digital (WD) is beginning to use a new hard disk drive format that opens up between 7% and 11% more capacity on hard disk drives, meaning a 1TB drive could gain more than 100GB in capacity.
Microsoft and Google have built Web applications designed to highlight environmental problems coinciding with the climate change negotiations in Copenhagen that run through Friday.
Oracle's latest commitments designed to address the European Commission's concerns regarding its acquisition of Sun Microsystems and the MySQL database are paper thin, and even if they were confirmed they wouldn't safeguard MySQL's future, said Flori...
Seagate Technology today announced what it's calling the world's thinnest laptop and netbook hard drive, the Momentus Thin drive, which at 7mm, is just over a quarter of an inch thick and is 25% slimmer than a traditional .37-in. (9.5mm), 2.5-in. har...
On Wednesday, Samsung revealed its new line of CF and SDHC cards boasting waterproof, shockproof, and magnetproof functionality. Now I'm sure we've all had the experience of dropping memory cards and cringing at potential gigabytes of lost data, but...
Hewlett-Packard hopes to do the same thing with storage that it did with servers, leveraging years of system-building experience and economies of scale, by blurring the distinction between servers and storage.
When an Amazon Web Services data center lost power early Wednesday, the company wrote about the unfolding event with the brevity and tension of one its bestselling pot boilers.
Red Hat has open sourced a virtual desktop protocol it acquired last year, called the Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environment (SPICE), in the hope of fostering its wider adoption.
We're always hearing about how Americans consume far too many calories. It turns out, though, food isn't the only thing we're gorging ourselves on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW