Slots that support faster SDXC flash storage cards are reaching consumer electronics devices, which could boost the performance of devices like camcorders and digital cameras, multiple companies said on Tuesday.
Servers & Storage
Western Digital Corp. (WD) today introduced its fastest My Book external hard drive, which uses the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface that's up to 10 times faster than previous-generation USB 2.0 drives.
We're used to seeing a processor as an integral part of the specs for a PC, but not so for network-attached storage (NAS). And yet that's how manufacturers, including QNAP, are boosting the performance of NAS devices. The company today introduced sev...
Kingston Technology is recalling certain models of its DataTraveler secure USB flash drives in order to update firmware on the thumb drives after a security company found a flaw that could allow a hacker to gain access to the user's password.
A petition launched in December by MySQL creator Michael 'Monty' Widenius to "save" the open-source database from Oracle has quickly gained momentum, collecting nearly 17,000 signatures.
It's no secret that the capacities of portable hard drives are on the up, but what about those portable flash drives? Fear not, as flash memory maker Power Quotient International (PQI) announced this Tuesday a new sizable addition to their "Cool Driv...
South Korea's Fair Trade Commission has closed an antitrust investigation of the flash memory industry, concluding that there is no evidence of a pricing cartel.
A former employee of Seagate Technology claims that the company destroyed evidence that could have affected a long-standing patent infringement lawsuit filed against it by engineering company Convolve Inc. and the Massachusetts Institute of Technolog...
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
Internet users in Northern California were unable to reach properties including Amazon.com and Amazon Web Services for a time Wednesday evening, as their DNS provider was targeted by a distributed denial-of-service attack. The attack came as North Am...
Search giant Google avoided paying up to £450m in UK taxes last year because its £1.6bn British advertising earnings were funnelled through its Irish subsidiary, according to the company's accounts.
Cloud computing won a big endorsement in 2009 from the city of Los Angeles when it decided to adopt Google Apps, and many other state and local governments may soon follow with their own cloud approaches, according to a new survey by Input Inc.
Hackers redirected Twitter.com's traffic to a rogue Web site for more than an hour early today by accessing its DNS records using an account assigned to Twitter, the company that manages Twitter's DNS (Domain Name System) servers said today.
It was a week where competition regulators danced with IT industry behemoths: the U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, while the European Commission gave approval to Microsoft's proposed browser "ballot screen" and ...
Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia