Intel plans to release next-generation Xeon server processors based on the Westmere microarchitecture in the next three months, the company said on Thursday.
Servers & Storage
Cloud computing will become so pervasive that by 2012, one out of five businesses will own no IT assets at all, the analyst firm Gartner is predicting.
Electronics manufacturer Samsung announced on Tuesday two new flash-based storage solutions, both of which are ideal for mobile use. The company unveiled a high-density 64GB moviNAND flash memory chip, in addition to a 32GB micro secure digital (SD) ...
Sun and Fujitsu upgraded their Sparc Enterprise M3000 server, equipping it with newer hardware to deliver faster performance, the companies said on Tuesday.
Via Technologies on Tuesday announced a compact home server that will be powered by low-power processors, which are traditionally designed to run in laptops and netbooks.
VMware is poised Tuesday to further redefine its cloud strategy by buying Yahoo's Zimbra open source messaging business in order to expand its stake in the platform-as-a-service market.
Vint Cerf, a co-designer of the Internet's TCP/IP protocols and considered a father of the Internet itself, emphasized the need for data portability standards for cloud computing during an appearance on Thursday evening.
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
Seagate Ltd. today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas released its first USB SuperSpeed 3.0-enabled external hard disk drive, the BlackArmor PS110, which has up to three times the performance of its previous USB 2.0 products.
A spokesperson for Western Digital has told PC World that Australians will likely see the first external hard drives with USB 3.0 connectivity by the end of the month.
Ever wanted a simple way to access your home or office servers remotely? If yes, then look no further than the new myDitto system from Dane-Elec. The consumer electronics manufacturer unveiled the novel myDitto cloud-storage solution yesterday, and ...
Marvell Technology Group showed off a new version of its tiny, green Plug Computer that boasts a much faster CPU.
In a development likely to be closely watched by Google Inc., Amazon.com, Microsoft Corp. and other vendors, the US Federal Trade Commission is examining potential threats to consumer privacy and data security posed by cloud computing services.
Slots that support faster SDXC flash storage cards are reaching consumer electronics devices, which could boost the performance of devices like camcorders and digital cameras, multiple companies said on Tuesday.
Western Digital Corp. (WD) today introduced its fastest My Book external hard drive, which uses the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface that's up to 10 times faster than previous-generation USB 2.0 drives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
- Samsung begins shipping redonkulous 15.36TB SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC