SanDisk’s Extreme Pro USB 3.0 flash drive hasn’t hit the market yet, but the company is touting it as one of the fastest such devices on the market. It claims that it will be able to achieve solid state drive-like results up to 240 megabyte per secon...
Servers & Storage - News
Microsoft has chosen OneDrive as the new name for its SkyDrive cloud storage service, which it had agreed to re-baptise after losing a trademark dispute last year with British broadcast TV and broadband provider BSkyB.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
WD has revealed its Black2 dual drive, which is a fusion drive that contains both a solid state drive (SSD) and hard drive in the same package. It’s a design that’s come about due to extensive feedback from WD’s customers, who expressed a desire to h...
In an event in Sydney yesterday, WD unveiled its latest network storage drive, called My Cloud. The new drive is aimed squarely at consumers, and is designed to take the difficulty out of setting up and installing network storage in the home.
HGST today announced that it’s shipping the world’s highest capacity hard drive, its 6TB Ultrastar He6, which is a hard drive that has been hermetically sealed with helium.
WD today announced a new line of Sentinel Windows-based servers that make use of Intel’s Xeon CPUs. The news models are the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 (which are called the S Series), and they are an improvement over the company’s previous Sentine...
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
HP has revitalised its professional monitor and workstation line-up, launching three budget business monitors and a new workstation designed for high-end users.
Seagate has ushered in the third generation of its hybrid solid state hard drives at Computex, showing off a slim, 7mm notebook model, as well as a desktop-sized drive, both of which aim to bring faster performance to mainstream notebooks and desktop...
Seagate has just announced a thinner and lighter 2.5in hard drive that it hopes will find its way not only into slimmer Ultrabook computers, but also into Android and Windows tablets.
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
When it comes time to buy your next high-performance laptop, chances are good that it will feature a solid state drive (SSD). But what if you'd prefer to have a high-speed, high-capacity traditional hard drive instead? Don't look to Seagate, one of t...
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW