The latest Top500 list details the world's mightiest silicon
Servers & Storage
The amount of data in the world doubles every 18 months. Here's a look at eight real-world big data deployments in a variety of industries.
Apple announced it will be including hybrid drive technology in its new iMac and Mac mini desktops, which will offer flash-like performance with up to 3TB of hard drive capacity.
An SSD can read and write data many times faster than the best mechanical hard drive. On the downside, flash memory is many times more expensive than the innards of a typical hard drive, so manufacturers have limited their SSD capacities to hit reaso...
The winners of PC World's Synology Showcase competition have been announced. Three lucky readers have been selected by Synology to test out a Synology DS112 network attached storage device and write a review for PC World. The winners can then keep th...
Western Digital announced what it said is the industry's thinnest hybrid drive for Ultrabooks, a 5mm-thick model that has 500GB capacity.
Western Digital subsidiary WD recently unveiled two sleek, thin 500GB portable external hard drives for Mac and Windows PC users. The two new drives, and the My Passport Edge for Mac, both feature USB 3.0 connectivity for transfer rates of up to 5 Gi...
I have a huge movie collection. It used to all be on VHS tapes, then I moved to DVDs, and now I'm slowly moving to Blu-Ray. That's all well and good, but along the way I decided I liked the convenience of making my hundreds of movies accessible from ...
Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Global cloud computing and hosting company Rackspace will soon open its first Australian data centre, in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. The investment is part of a multi-million dollar move to bolster the company's local presence.
Hybrid drives, which combine NAND flash with spinning disk, are selling like molasses compared to SSDs and SSDs with cache, according to IHS iSuppli.
Toshiba Storage Products today announced a new line-up of solid-state drives (SSDs) using the industry's smallest lithography process to date -- 19 nanometers.
HP today announced new deduplication solutions for its StoreOnce Backup product line, including the B6200, that enable 100TB/hr backup performance.
Toshiba today announced a new line of solid-state drives that use 19-nanometer process technology, the smallest circuitry to date.
Leading storage vendor Seagate will acquire competitor LaCie, incorporating its product line-up and executives in a $188 million buy-out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC