Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Servers & Storage
Global cloud computing and hosting company Rackspace will soon open its first Australian data centre, in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. The investment is part of a multi-million dollar move to bolster the company's local presence.
Hybrid drives, which combine NAND flash with spinning disk, are selling like molasses compared to SSDs and SSDs with cache, according to IHS iSuppli.
Toshiba Storage Products today announced a new line-up of solid-state drives (SSDs) using the industry's smallest lithography process to date -- 19 nanometers.
HP today announced new deduplication solutions for its StoreOnce Backup product line, including the B6200, that enable 100TB/hr backup performance.
Toshiba today announced a new line of solid-state drives that use 19-nanometer process technology, the smallest circuitry to date.
Leading storage vendor Seagate will acquire competitor LaCie, incorporating its product line-up and executives in a $188 million buy-out.
LogMeIn has released details of its cloud storage and data sharing service, Cubby. It's a service that's still in beta mode and users are required to submit their email address at Cubby.com in the hope of getting an invite to test it out.
From the hum of an old car's engine to the galunk! of a fictional plumber's fireball, sounds have an amazing ability to transport us back in time. Even just a two-second pop is often enough to bring back powerful memories of people, places, and objec...
We've put together a list of the most desirable features below, grouped into several broad categories. You may not need everything mentioned, though it is hoped that this will help you arrive at a decision about the right NAS for your organization.
IBM researchers have developed a prototype optical chip that can transfer data at 1Tbps (terabit per second), the equivalent of downloading 500 high-definition movies, using light pulses, the company said Thursday.
Domino's Pizza has completed a major move to cloud computing, aimed at freeing up internal resources.
Data centres need to be secure, temperature controlled, spacious, redundant, reliable – nothing sexy. But that doesn't mean they can't be. Here are a few that rise above the crowd and take advantage of the possibilities.
HP and Microsoft have announced a new four-year partnership to deliver public, private and hybrid cloud solutions built around Microsoft Office 365 and its on-premise equivalents.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar launches new USB JumpDrives
- Seagate breaks through the 1TB-per-platter barrier for laptop drives
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW