Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
Servers & Storage
HP has revitalised its professional monitor and workstation line-up, launching three budget business monitors and a new workstation designed for high-end users.
Seagate has ushered in the third generation of its hybrid solid state hard drives at Computex, showing off a slim, 7mm notebook model, as well as a desktop-sized drive, both of which aim to bring faster performance to mainstream notebooks and desktop...
Seagate has just announced a thinner and lighter 2.5in hard drive that it hopes will find its way not only into slimmer Ultrabook computers, but also into Android and Windows tablets.
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
When it comes time to buy your next high-performance laptop, chances are good that it will feature a solid state drive (SSD). But what if you'd prefer to have a high-speed, high-capacity traditional hard drive instead? Don't look to Seagate, one of t...
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
The latest Top500 list details the world's mightiest silicon
The amount of data in the world doubles every 18 months. Here's a look at eight real-world big data deployments in a variety of industries.
Apple announced it will be including hybrid drive technology in its new iMac and Mac mini desktops, which will offer flash-like performance with up to 3TB of hard drive capacity.
An SSD can read and write data many times faster than the best mechanical hard drive. On the downside, flash memory is many times more expensive than the innards of a typical hard drive, so manufacturers have limited their SSD capacities to hit reaso...
The winners of PC World's Synology Showcase competition have been announced. Three lucky readers have been selected by Synology to test out a Synology DS112 network attached storage device and write a review for PC World. The winners can then keep th...
Western Digital announced what it said is the industry's thinnest hybrid drive for Ultrabooks, a 5mm-thick model that has 500GB capacity.
Western Digital subsidiary WD recently unveiled two sleek, thin 500GB portable external hard drives for Mac and Windows PC users. The two new drives, and the My Passport Edge for Mac, both feature USB 3.0 connectivity for transfer rates of up to 5 Gi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC