In an event in Sydney yesterday, WD unveiled its latest network storage drive, called My Cloud. The new drive is aimed squarely at consumers, and is designed to take the difficulty out of setting up and installing network storage in the home.
Servers & Storage - News
HGST today announced that it’s shipping the world’s highest capacity hard drive, its 6TB Ultrastar He6, which is a hard drive that has been hermetically sealed with helium.
WD today announced a new line of Sentinel Windows-based servers that make use of Intel’s Xeon CPUs. The news models are the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 (which are called the S Series), and they are an improvement over the company’s previous Sentine...
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
HP has revitalised its professional monitor and workstation line-up, launching three budget business monitors and a new workstation designed for high-end users.
Seagate has ushered in the third generation of its hybrid solid state hard drives at Computex, showing off a slim, 7mm notebook model, as well as a desktop-sized drive, both of which aim to bring faster performance to mainstream notebooks and desktop...
Seagate has just announced a thinner and lighter 2.5in hard drive that it hopes will find its way not only into slimmer Ultrabook computers, but also into Android and Windows tablets.
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
When it comes time to buy your next high-performance laptop, chances are good that it will feature a solid state drive (SSD). But what if you'd prefer to have a high-speed, high-capacity traditional hard drive instead? Don't look to Seagate, one of t...
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
The latest Top500 list details the world's mightiest silicon
The amount of data in the world doubles every 18 months. Here's a look at eight real-world big data deployments in a variety of industries.
Apple announced it will be including hybrid drive technology in its new iMac and Mac mini desktops, which will offer flash-like performance with up to 3TB of hard drive capacity.
An SSD can read and write data many times faster than the best mechanical hard drive. On the downside, flash memory is many times more expensive than the innards of a typical hard drive, so manufacturers have limited their SSD capacities to hit reaso...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD