If you have $US1299 to spend, Akitio's external Thunder3 PCIe SSD storage system will deliver blazing speed and more.
Servers & Storage - News
Intel, in addition to showing off its blazing-fast 3C XPoint Optane drives, also said its 3D NAND will be able to squeeze 1TB of storage into a 1.5mm thick drive by next year.
The Extreme 900 is the first 10Gbps USB 3.1 drive we've seen from a major storage company—and we can't wait to see what will follow.
Intel promised super fast and high-capacity SSDs with 3D NAND chips last year, and the company announces the first of those drives Thursday.
Aimed at enterprise customers, Samsung's new SSD is the world's largest drive of its kind.
In an industry first, Seagate has been able to boost areal density to 1TB per platter in a 2.5-inch form factor that's only 7mm high.
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
SSDs have seen four straight quarters of 10% or greater price drops, leading one analyst to predict that they will near price parity with hard drives in the next two years.
Flash memory product company, Lexar, has announced two additions to its mobile USB 3.0 flash drive line: the Lexar JumpDrive M20c and the Lexar JumpDrive M20i.
Seagate today announced its first laptop drive that can store 2TB of data using just two platters, allowing the company to manufacture them in a 7mm-high form factor.
Irish rockers, U2, are continuing to innovate in their use of video on the current Innocence + Experience tour, and behind the scenes is some extremely high-performance, all-flash technology.
Samsung today announced what it is calling the first multi-terabyte consumer solid-state drive (SSD), which will offer 2TB of capacity in a 2.5-in. form factor for laptops and desktops.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
It took longer than expected, but Samsung is finally expanding its product line to external solid-state drives with its new range of Portable SSD T1 products.
For the Woz, it's all about the engineering.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Test EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA