We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
Servers & Storage
BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
Chip giant Intel won first place in a ranking of flash memory-based Solid State Drives (SSDs), in which the researcher, DRAMeXchange Technology, pilloried the industry over the wide disparity of quality among the storage devices.
It’s no secret that villains have all the fun. They get the best lines, wear the coolest outfits and are usually one step ahead of the hero. They also get to kidnap princesses, blow up planets and cackle maniacally while spinning in swivel chairs. By...
Pick up some great bargains.
This past January, the health organisation Kaiser Permanente reported a theft of an external hard drive from an employee's car. The hard drive contained data on about 15,500 Northern California patients, including their full names, medical record n...
Lock down your PC.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
To understand why I love the tiny, free FlashFire utility/driver, you'll need a little background. I bought an original Acer Aspire One netbook with an 8GB solid state drive instead of a hard drive to keep the weight down. I replaced its custom Linux...
Best deals of the week: 19 February
In 1986, Attorney Nicholas Barrett founded <a href="http://www.nbalaw.com/">Nicholas Barrett & Associates</a> with just himself and an assistant running the business. But over the last 24 years, that small two-person office has grown into a bustl...
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Laptop computers have become mobile stores of massive amounts of information. Add to that the proliferation of removable hard drives, and it becomes crystal clear how much sensitive data is on the move in the world, most of it woefully underprotected...
New York City's Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers is saving power and money by replacing its desktop computers with thin clients running virtualized operating systems.
Store your schoolwork, photos and other files on these cheap storage devices
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- SanDisk pushes MicroSD to 200GB
- Samsung jumps into external SSD market
- Steve Wozniak just wants to build things
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW