We've worked long and hard to come up with the best tips and tricks for your PCs, smartphones, cameras, game controllers, music players, and the Web. Let's start with PC, laptop, and networking tips.
Servers & Storage - Features
It can be a storage nightmare: Given expanding regulatory requirements and the key role that electronic records now play in lawsuits, some enterprises are saving every bit of data they have, just to be safe. As a gauge of storage demand, IDC says the...
A year in which the economics of the travel and hotel industries are so bad that business analysts keep making comparisons to the months immediately following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York is not generally the time most IT peop...
By now, we're all getting desensitised to horror stories about missing hard drives full of private information. When you hear that another 20,000 customers of a less-than-careful company are at risk of identity theft, you probably roll your eyes. And...
Flash memory drives that are more about looks than portability.
For the last couple months I've been troubleshooting a vexing problem on my new quad-core HP desktop: Roughly once per week, the machine would start running as slow as molasses.
Photo viewers, multimedia playback, memory card transfers -- these hard disk drives do more than just sit on your desk and store your digital stuff.
Portable hard drives, in all their pocket-size splendor, now pack in plenty of storage space. Capacities up to 500GB (plus a 1TB network-attached option) and a veritable candy store of colors make choosing a portable hard drive fun.
On tap: A color thesaurus, photonics, and book and magazine publishing
The DL380 G5 is one of the workhorses of today's server room. According to HP it's one of the world's best selling servers available in a variety of configurations.
Twenty-five years ago, a writer named Andrew Fluegelman became the editor of a new magazine--this one. He was already something of a celebrity in the wider world of personal computing as the father of "freeware," a concept that he had popularized, st...
Security vendor Symantec is using new virtual machine technology to protect Web surfers from online attack.
Solid-state disk (SSD) drive architecture can play a big role in how fast a computer boots up and performs. But how big a role the SSDs play -- and how much faster an operating system is -- depends as much on the operating system as on the drive. Alt...
A lot of solid-state disk (SSD) drive reviews and features have been circulating around the Internet lately, and I've noticed that the speeds of those products are increasing remarkably, even as manufacturers use more multilevel cell (MLC) NAND flash...
Though sometimes it's hard to pin down exactly who deserves the credit — or blame — here's a shot a some of the more familiar terms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC